Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How do I deploy a test case to csv with included test files?

Posted Feb 17, 2017 10:16 AM

I'm guessing you make a .mari file and include the test files that are included within the test step.

Eg. it reads a file from Desktop/TestFiles and sends the file to a server etc..

So if I need to include this folder in the deployment of .mari , how do I do that?

I tried adding a file to the .mari included files ..and I was only able to add a file.. not a whole folder.

Also how do i reference these files in the CVS server? Because when i'm testing locally.. I'm using local path.

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  Re: How do I deploy a test case to csv with included test files?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 03:34 PM

Hello - 

Are you referencing these files in your test case? When creating a mari file, it should include all of the assets needed to run the test.  I do not believe there is a way to add an entire directory, only files.

When the CVS Monitor is deployed to the server and mar file is created and sent to the server.  It then unzips into a lisatmp\lads directory to run the test case.  After it is finished, this file is then deleted.  You should be fine referencing LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT when reading datasets. 

However you will come across an issue if you try to write to a file using LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT.  This will write into the lads directory, then get deleted.  If you are writing a file, it needs to be a path the server can recognize.

Working with Model Archives (MARs) - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation