Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Sending MQ message from JDBC result set to MQ queue

Posted Mar 10, 2016 01:45 AM

Hi Team,

I have to send the request to a MQ queue, am able to do it by pointing the queue in mainframes, and by triggering the activity.

To automate this.

I have some request XMLs in the data base table, I read the request XML from the table and saved in a variable name 'request' using SQL database execution (JDBC) step in LISA.

Now my next step is IBM Web Sphere MQ.

My question is what is the variable that carries the request to the MQ queue?

In the IBM Web Sphere MQ step I gave the Async Key field value as request (i.e the attribute name which stores my request), but am not able to hit the queue as the request is not reaching, i can see am perfectly reading the request from the data base and am able to store the request in the variable.

Could you please help me in this.

Thanks in advance,

Girija K.

• 2.  Re: Sending MQ message from JDBC result set to MQ queue

Posted Mar 10, 2016 02:35 AM

The 'Async Key' field on that step is something completely different.  What you want is on the 'Message' tab, selectable down at the bottom.  My guess is that you will want to enter '{{request}}' in this tab.  You will probably also want to make sure the 'Type' field at the bottom right of the first tab reads 'Text'.

If you are using DevTest 8.x or later then I highly recommend the new IBM MQ Native step over the old step.

• 3.  Re: Sending MQ message from JDBC result set to MQ queue

Posted Mar 11, 2016 12:22 AM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update.

Do you meant to say about the Publish info in the IBM WebSphere step.

Capture.PNG

Am using Devtest 8.0

Am not able to get what you meant to say.
    could you please explain.

Thanks,

Girija K.

• 4.  Re: Sending MQ message from JDBC result set to MQ queue

Posted Mar 11, 2016 01:56 AM

Under the 'Publisher Info' make sure the 'Message' field reads 'Text'.  Then select the 'Send Message Data' tab at the bottom.  On that screen put '{{request}}' in the text area.

Unfortunately the new MQ step was still in an "experimental" status in DevTest 8.0, so it's not enabled by default.