Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

• 1.  How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:08 AM

Hi All,

Could anyone please provide any document for implementing DDM approach using CA devTest 8.4?

I referred to this: Data-Driven Virtual Services - DevTest Solutions - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

But, i am still facing issues while implementing it.

Thanks,

Aman Saeed.

• 2.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:10 AM

Can you provide info on what issues you are seeing?

• 3.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:19 AM

Hi Koustubh,

Thanks for prompt response. I have large amount of data, which does not seem feasible to be configured manually in my VSI. So i was thinking if it is possible to have to placed in some excel and fetch the response from another(or may be same) excel, depending on some unique value in the Request XML.

Thanks,

Aman Saeed.

• 4.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Apr 28, 2016 09:16 AM

Here, my requirement is that i have to read the data for the Request XML from excel row and then generate the response after fetching the data from an excel sheet.

• 5.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Apr 29, 2016 05:38 AM

the CA DataDriven service info must all come from the same file and sheet. only one sheet used per file.

I ended up writing our own DD service process. many files, any sheet, any columns, asymmetrical  per row. (data prefix vs column header)

it is completely generic, and 100% re-usable by many teams.

configurable with a single text file.

• 6.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Apr 29, 2016 05:53 AM

Hi,

Could you please suggest some way of implementing this approach. As of now, i am trying to use "Read rows from excel" dataset, but now sure how to make changes to my VSM & VSI file.

Regards,

Aman Saeed.

• 7.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted May 05, 2016 08:50 AM

Hi,

As of now , i am having 8.4 version. I am looking forward to using "read rows from excel" in my VSM. Is that the way to go?

I have some 100 set of data, which if configured manually in VSI, can be time-taking. So is there any way by which if i keep all the argument values (of request XML) in excel, along with the corresponding response for each set of request data, and then try to read from that excel and fetch the response from there itself.

Could you please clarify on this...

Regards,

Aman Saeed.

• 8.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 09:08 AM

Aditya Pandit - can you assist here?

• 9.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 28, 2016 04:15 PM

I just wanted to mention that data-driven virtual services was still a preview feature in 8.4. It became an official GA feature in 9.0.

• 10.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted May 05, 2016 09:50 AM

Koustubh.WartyAs Jeff mentioned the requirement matches the 9.0 Data Driven signature feature. So either 9.0 upgrade will be needed or

The other option would be to use some extension(if it is available anywhere) which reads excel rows , matches the row based on request and returns the response.

• 11.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 09:55 AM

Thanks Adi!

• 12.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2016 09:56 AM

Aman - as Jeff mentioned and Adi confirmed, to make the appropriate use of this feature you would have to move to 9.0/9.1. Is that a viable option for you? 

• 13.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted May 05, 2016 10:21 AM

Thanks Koustubh.Warty  & Aditya_Pandit  I was just wondering if we could customize our VSM and VSI file for this

But anyways, I would be moving to 9.1 within a month....:)

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Aman Saeed.

• 14.  Re: How to implement Data-Driven Mgmt approach???

Posted Jul 12, 2016 05:22 AM

Hello Koustubh.Warty, Jeff_Stein,

I have got DevTest 9.1 now. Could you please guide me on how to implement this approach, where i want to take the multiple request tags from the excel and then fill the response with the corresponding response tags in the corresponding row in the same excel?

Here i would be assuming that the Request and response structure stays same throughout.

Regards,

Aman Saeed