Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  How we can change the Comparison operator while we recording in VSE

Posted Oct 15, 2015 12:26 AM

Hi All,

IN my project I need to record several request with different messages. While we record I want to change the comparison operator to "Anything" for few element by "Data protocol filter". Please guide what filter need to use and sample code to change the comparison operator.

• 2.  Re: How we can change the Comparison operator while we recording in VSE

Posted Oct 15, 2015 03:58 PM

I have 2 ways to do this -

1- At the end of recording - add a "Request Data Manager" and use it to delete the fields you want to be anything.  Downside is the values for these fields in the response will be static instead of magic strings.

2- Editing the VSI in workstation, at the bottom of the "Request Data" tab, there is an icon that looks like a notepad and pencil - "Do a mass change of request arguments" - if you pick one field you want to change, and set it the way you want with "Anything" then click this, it will let you change all of the matching fields in the VSI in one click.

• 3.  Re: How we can change the Comparison operator while we recording in VSE

Posted Oct 16, 2015 01:53 PM

Thanks information it helps to global update, however Based on your answer we can't do it by code to change "Anything" value in VSI. Because that will helps every time  we add new traffic. Otherwise we need to do the same step every time when werecord the traffic.