Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Why does the wrong JDBC Virtual Service match on the same agent

Posted May 05, 2016 07:05 PM

I have 2 JDBC agent based virtual services:

Both the VSM's have 2 differnent JDBC protocol url_pattern values:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@\(DESCRIPTION=\(ADDRESS=\(PROTOCOL=TCP\)\(PORT=1526\)\(HOST=lneaid01\)\)\(CONNECT_DATA=\(SID=WMESBTS2\)\)\);user=MONITOR_OWN

jdbc:oracle:thin:@\(DESCRIPTION=\(ADDRESS=\(PROTOCOL=TCP\)\(PORT=1521\)\(HOST=172\.22\.25\.105\)\)\(CONNECT_DATA=\(SID=DOMSRPST\)\)\);user=eai_pof_interface

Yes, they both are making use of the same agent deployed on the same webmethods integration sever.

For some reason, when I deploy both these VSM's, only the Virtual Service that I deployed last gets matched on.

This means that for the tests that rely on Virtual Service Number 1 do not work because the Virtual Service simply returns NO_MATCH.

My understanding was that agent based matching relies on a match for the url_pattern, especially:

HOST

PORT

DB SID

user

Does anybody have any idea about this?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Why does the wrong JDBC Virtual Service match on the same agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 04:25 PM

Hello, 

For JDBC, a Virtual Service is selected on:

1. agent name

2. driver class

3. connection string

If there are more than one VS based on the above, the VSE can select the wrong VS and no match will be found. 

If this is still an issue for you, please open a support ticket. JDBC Virtualization can be tricky and you will require individualized assistance.

Best Regards, 

Ricky

CA Application Insight Support