Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Scenario to handle optional elements in VSI.

Posted Jan 12, 2016 06:33 AM

We have below requirement and I am sure this is explained before in the section where optional arguments are handled, but I am struggling to implement this..I have put this in better way with the actual scenario I have come across please help me out team.

Incoming request has below arguments coming in as set 1 or set 2 ..If customer has multiple email and address then there might be more than set 2 combinations, I need to do signature match based on arguments but I don't have clue on what combinations might come..basically address and email are optional elements, so my vsi need to handle exact match for any combination coming from incoming request and I don't want to sit and create list of transactions for every combination.

Set1 - EmailAddrRequest and CustAddrRequest

Set2 - EmailAddrRequest_1 and CustAddrRequest_1

Set2 - EmailAddrRequest_2 and CustAddrRequest_2

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Scenario to handle optional elements in VSI.

Posted Jan 12, 2016 06:42 AM

For this particular scenario, I believe you need to write a match script.

If you want to match signature, then pick argument one by one from the request. and validate the name of argument by suffixing the counter.

If you want to match exact, then pick argument from request validate name of argument and then value for same, you can use excel sheet if required.

Lemme know if you need code for this.

Regards,

Monika Mehta

• 3.  Re: Scenario to handle optional elements in VSI.

Posted Jan 12, 2016 07:13 AM

Thanks Monica. It would be great help if you can share me the script. So my vsi will have just set1 and set 2 values and second set will need to have the counter to handle.. I am not looking to do exact match just signature will do.