Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  DevTest [Lisa 8.1] - Custom Extensions - problem with Available Objects panel

Posted Sep 23, 2015 05:10 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

we are working with devTest product with intensive use of Custom Extensions like JavaScript Step (beanshell) block.
    However, we are struggling with right-panel (Available Objects) while re-sizing window from right-to-left direction within this block.
    Instead of primarily resizing of workspace editor, the right panel (Available object) is being expanded.

Question: Is there configuration in LISA files how to set up fix-size right panel for Available Objects or disable it completely in this block?

Lisa version: 8.1.0

Many thanks for any suggestions.

BR
    Vladimir

• 2.  Re: DevTest [Lisa 8.1] - Custom Extensions - problem with Available Objects panel

Posted Sep 23, 2015 08:40 PM

Can you try mouse over to the vertical border between the script editor and Available Objects then see if the cursor changes to double-side (left-right) arrow? If you see the cursor changes to left-right arrow, you can slide the Available Objects panel to the right to reduce its width.

scriptUI.jpg

• 3.  Re: DevTest [Lisa 8.1] - Custom Extensions - problem with Available Objects panel

Posted Sep 24, 2015 03:34 AM

Hi Ching,

yes, this is what we usually do. Anyway, I think the workspace editor should has higher priority (this is my interest) while resizing the window rather than Available objects.
    Each time when I am working with this block (you cannot imagine how many times ) I have to do strictly 2 steps:

1. resize window cause editor is not ready for user as it is ridiculously small (why not open it in half of horizontal screen resolution at least)
    2. when I resize, the editor is still not usable, hence collapse Available Objects is necessary.

Not mentioning that double arrow <-> has 'sometimes' problem to grasp left-border of the window (what could be blamed on WIN 8.1 and I did not have a chance to try lower OS vers.) but overall impression of those two problems giving us a real headache (and lost productivity).

I was desperately checking files like bsh-2.1.8.jar under C:\DevTest\lib\shared to tweak it and deploy it back as part of hotdeploy with no success. Maybe it is still possible (I have no idea what/where to change) or this Available Objects injection is part of another build-in-script (screenshot) but this would be question for developers though.
    deploying_script.JPG

• 4.  Re: DevTest [Lisa 8.1] - Custom Extensions - problem with Available Objects panel
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2015 01:04 PM

Hi Vladimir,

It is default behavior for Java UI split panel to resize right panel (Available Objects) and keep left panel (script editor) in fixed width. However this behavior can be simply changed to resize left panel and keep right panel in fixed width. It is also possible to make the UI layout as top-down instead of left-right, i.e. the script editor panel on top and Available Objects panel on the bottom. Since neither solution is available in current product, this will require a code update to the product.