Service Virtualization

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

• 1.  LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 02, 2015 09:33 AM

LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses). Earlier it was not resolving the WSDL so we have added proxy in LISA properties to got it resolved. Now, its not recording the traffic. Please reply back with your inputs if any.

• 2.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 05, 2015 03:43 AM

Hi Karthik,

Please let me know on which transport protocol you are working on and is it about the vrirtualization, if yes then are you using the Request/Response pairs option to achieve the same?

Please be in brief.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 3.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 05, 2015 11:05 PM

Yes, its service virtualization. The client app using http protocol. Am trying to create virtual service by recording

• 4.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 05, 2015 05:27 PM

If there isn't a firewall between the application server and the responder server, then is the application trying to use a proxy (that can't see the responder server) ?

• 5.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 05, 2015 11:09 PM

HI Ben, I see firewall is disabled/off. Hence proxy server details are updated in both client/app config file and LISA properties file. Still LISA is not recording the traffic.

• 6.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 06, 2015 09:50 AM

1- from the lisa machine - using a tool (lisa test, soapui, firefox poster, browser, curl) trigger transactions until they show up in the recorder

2- from a different remote system, repeat

3- from your application server, repeat

"proxy server details are updated" -- is this necessary - are you able to not use a proxy at all instead?

• 7.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 06, 2015 10:38 AM

Without updating Proxy, Both clientapp and LISAtest are NOT receiving the response. Requests are getting timed out. After updating the proxy, we see responses and WSDLs are getting resolved.

1 - from the lisa machine - Triggered the transactions using a lisa test onto the listening port, but they not showing up in recorder.

• 8.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 06, 2015 01:57 AM

- Create a LISA test case to check that you can call your web service and get a reply from it.

- Please, launch this test case from the platform where you try to record to follow same network path than recorder

=> If you can't get a response from the LISA test, it means you have blocker between your platform and the web service you try to reach => Solve this (proxy, network, certificate if ssl, ...)

• 9.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 06, 2015 10:44 AM

- Receiving the response from lisatest successfully.

- Have been trying to record on same network path as above. Still nothing getting recorded

• 10.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2015 11:29 AM

I think I had similar issue during a POC, you need to to record using the proxy mode, ie :

- in second screen of the recorder (when you configure HTTP Port and IP), use proxy instead of default "gateway" mode

- this means your client application (or injector if you use soapUI) should define the devtest recorder as his proxy

In DevTest local.properties, you need to to specify the proxy you use to reach your service with the exception of your localhost (DevTest server), for example:

lisa.http.webProxy.host=<MY ENTERPRISE PROXY IP>

## list of excluded machine names or ip addresses delimited by pipes, *

## wildcard accepted <machine name or ip>[|<machine name or ip>]*

lisa.http.webProxy.nonProxyHosts=127.0.0.1|localhost|*.<ANY OTHER DOMAIN TO REMOVE FROM PROXY>

lisa.http.webProxy.port=<MY ENTERPRISE PROXY PORT>

don't forget to do the same for ssl proxy if you use a HTTPS

• 11.  Re: LISA is NOT recording the traffic (request and responses).

Posted Oct 14, 2015 02:17 PM

Thanks, It worked. Am able to record the traffic.

Really appreciate all & thanks for your inputs