Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  SQL Server Temporal Tables

Posted Jan 17, 2020 09:38 AM
    2 questions:   
    1.   Can FDM scrub PII data in a Sql Server Temporal tables?
    2.   Can FDM scrub PII  in JSON stored in a column in Sql Server?

• 2.  RE: SQL Server Temporal Tables
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2020 11:33 AM
    Hi Don,

The answer to both is "Yes".   I was able to demonstrate this on the AdventureWorks database in SQLServer 2016.   Ensure you have the latest FDM, request access to the patches from Support.
    Update AdventureWorks Person table after applying JSON scripts
    Mask contents of temporal table

• 3.  RE: SQL Server Temporal Tables

Posted Mar 03, 2020 05:17 PM
    For the Json column, I selected the Json column I wanted and selected Format Encrypt, but FDM replaced all of the rows with the same value [\"$[0]['Number']\"] instead of format encrypting the last 4 digits of the number.

[{"TypeId":11,"LocalizedType":"Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas","EnglishType":"Registration of Individuals","Number":"[\"$[0]['Number']\"]","IssuanceDate":"","ExpirationDate":"","AddedBy":"genesis","DateAdded":"2017-06-01T15:53:41.517"}]

• 4.  RE: SQL Server Temporal Tables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:36 AM
    Hi Don, I just tried this with FDM 4.9.0.0 and could not reproduce this;   FDM successfully replaced the last 4 digits.   What version of FDM are you using currently?

• 5.  RE: SQL Server Temporal Tables

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:52 AM

I am using version 4.7.

Don Pastorius

Data Architect | International Operations

200-22 Renaissance Center| Detroit MI | 48265

(w) +1 (313) 989-4754 | (m) +1 (313) 680-2443

don.pastorius@gmfinancial.com

image001.jpg@01D1BCB1.C9BA7B50

This e-mail and information contained in it and any attachment(s) is confidential and/or may also be privileged; it is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by telephoning or e-mailing the sender and then delete it. If you have received this e-mail in error, any use, retransmission, dissemination or copying of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.

• 6.  RE: SQL Server Temporal Tables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2020 07:45 AM
    Don,  if you are in a position to do so, please try with the latest version of FDM (4.9).