Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  DB2 masking function

Posted Nov 05, 2019 06:56 AM
    Hi Team,

I am trying to figure out the best way to mask a 14 digit numeric field in such a way that the first six digits remain constant but the whole new number should be compliant to modulus 10 and modulus 11 rules.

One way which we figured is to have a cross-reference table which has the old value mapped one to one to a new value( generated by using the business logic of mod 10 and 11) . But masking using a cross-reference table is risky since unmasked data can be traced back.

I was looking for an option where we can use the newly generated values as a seedtable and can use HASHLOV to mask with some logic to ensure first six digits are same of old and new values.

Let me know if there is anything feasible for it.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Ruchi
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: DB2 masking function
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2019 10:49 AM
    if its inflight masking then you could try transformation maps with substring function

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/test-data-management/4-5/discover-and-profile-data/data-discovery-and-profiling-using-datamaker/work-with-transformation-maps.html

• Substring Start
    Enter the place value at the start of the substring to mask.
    Note:
    Positioning starts at the value 1, and not at the value 0
    • Sub-string Finish
    Enter the place value at the start of the sub string to mask.
    Note:
    Positioning starts at the value 1, and not at the value 0

• 3.  RE: DB2 masking function

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2019 12:39 PM
    Is this DB2 on the mainframe?  If yes (assuming you are trying to mask a creditcard number, have a look at the creditcard masking function.  It doesnt match your requirements exactly but might get the job done.
    Mask the last five digits of a credit card number and recalculate the check digit.