Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to implement the data masking at enterprise level but getting different mask values for different data sources.

• 1.  Trying to implement the data masking at enterprise level but getting different mask values for different data sources.

Posted Oct 29, 2020 08:00 AM
    Hi,

I am using HASHLOV function to implement the masking on first name and last name field. Similarly, i am using the HASHLOV function and same seed list while applying masking on CSV file. Unfortunately, i am getting different mask value for same First names which are stored in Oracle Data Base and in CSV file. please suggest.

Is this happened because hash value will be different for any name  in CSV file and Oracle database. OR do i need to reanalyze the things. Thanks,

------------------------------
    Nitin Dixit

• 2.  RE: Trying to implement the data masking at enterprise level but getting different mask values for different data sources.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2020 03:15 PM
    Assuming that you are using the same seed table.  Are the values to be masked exactly the same.  eg case exactly the same.

• 3.  RE: Trying to implement the data masking at enterprise level but getting different mask values for different data sources.

Posted Nov 05, 2020 12:54 AM
    Hi Bill, 

This has been resolved, I was facing issue due to some junk values. now data is in sync. Thanks

Nitin Dixit