Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Data masking data consistency between 2 different schemas.

Posted Oct 10, 2019 04:10 PM

Hi team,

I have a requirement to mask DB tables across different schema. For example I have a schema1 with 1 employee table which contains first name and last name and these fields I am masking using HASHLOV and one more column assume it as a memberid  and I have another schema2 which contains x_memberid and email ID's (masking required with reference of schema 1 employees first name and last name). In schema 1 we can use the Comcast with in same tables but how to do it if email column is in different schema and we don't have first name and last name there. 

Can please suggest the steps to achive this. 

------------------------------
    Nitin Dixit

• 2.  RE: Data masking data consistency between 2 different schemas.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2019 05:06 AM
    If I understand the set up correctly, the easiest thing to do is to set up or create a new seed table that contains the information.  For example
    Seedtable
    Fname     Lname     email
    john          smith       john.smith@acme.com
    jim            jones       jim.jones@acme.com

You would use the member id as the hashlov key and it would select the first and last name  for schema 1  (column 1  and column 2) and using the same member id for schema 2 it would select the email address (column 3)  for the same first and last name.

regards

• 3.  RE: Data masking data consistency between 2 different schemas.

Posted Oct 14, 2019 06:17 AM
    Hi Billy,

thanks for your response ...

I am not able to access the any seed table which is present under gtrep_reference_data under masking option. However, i am able to connect with the gtrep_reference_data and also able to see the data category..

Nitin Dixit