Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Self Service flows not visible in portal

Posted Jan 06, 2020 05:58 AM
    I have created 2 Javelin flows and added to the TDM portal. they are visible under the Workflows in the TDM Portal. However they are not visible under the Self Service flows. I am not sure if I missed something. can you please guide. The version that I am using is TDM 4.8.1 with Javelin as standalone tool.

Regards,
    Rajesh

• 2.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 06:46 AM
    Hi,
         Can you confirm that you have enabled the flag "Show in Self Service Catalog" for the flows in the self service Flows section.  If you have done this can you also select the option "All Projects " in the self service catalog to show flows for all projects .

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Posted Jan 06, 2020 07:53 AM
      |   view attached
    HI Keith,

I have attached the screenshot on what I was referring to. The flow were added to the orchestration. Only the Model is visible in the Self Service Catalog where the option to enable the flag. I am trying to expose the Generator to the Self Service catalog and added a Javelin flow in the Orchestration. I assume the flow should reflect in the Self Service flows before the Catalog. 

Regards,
    Rajesh

• 4.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 08:47 AM
    Hi,
         To create a Self Service flows for use in the service catalog you need to build the form using Agile Requirements Designer (ARD). When you save the ARD form to the repository it will be visible in the self service flow section.  The ARD form can be used to trigger a javelin flow.

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Posted Jan 06, 2020 09:07 AM
    the 4.8.1 version that we use does not come with ARD enabled. I thought its the Javelin that will sort our issue. So the conclusion is we cannot use Javelin for our requirement and has to be done only by ARD

• 6.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 09:17 AM
    Hi,

ARD is shipped with all versions of TDM including 4.8.1 and is used to created custom forms that can be used as part of the self service catalog. Can you explain what use case you are trying to create?

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Posted Jan 06, 2020 09:28 AM
    I got a response few days back that ARD is separate installation. I tried to download the trial version but no luck. 
    Use Case: Cloning using the self service catalog

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1825&MessageKey=0780a75c-99cd-411e-8b10-0bc9e5b7d87d&CommunityKey=909e0526-d8ad-455d-97eb-aa009df5d3aa&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fenterprisesoftware%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3d909e0526-d8ad-455d-97eb-aa009df5d3aa%26tab%3ddigestviewer%26SuccessMsg%3dThank%2byou%2bfor%2bsubmitting%2byour%2bmessage.

• 8.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 10:34 AM
    Hi,

ARD is a separate installer from the base TDM installer but can be downloaded from the same location as the TDM install media  (https://casupport.broadcom.com/) . This is a screenshot of the download screen.

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Self Service flows not visible in portal

Posted Jan 07, 2020 01:35 AM
    Thanks Keith. we have requested for the ARD installer as suggested.