Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  How to get the Lookup/Reference/TypeList data in CA TDM tool?

Posted Nov 18, 2019 07:39 PM
    Hi Team,

Working on Guideware Claim system TDM project. We have around 2000 tables in total. Out of 2000 tables, 800 tables as TypeList/Reference/Lookup tables . These Type List data is generated from Guideware application for each environment like Production, QA and Dev. The transaction/Core tables make use of these reference tables data. QA team want maintain few existing Claims/records(which refers QA reference data) in QA. When we copy prod data (transaction/core tables only) into QA, we need to get corresponding QA type list data. We can not truncate QA type list data because existing QA transaction/core data refers to existing QA type values.
    Ex: State type list table:
    Prod:
    1  NY
    2  CA
    3  IL

QA:
    1  CA
    2  IL
    3  NY

In short, can we have some kind of Xref table with production and QA type list values and do lookup with this xref tables and get the corresponding QA type list values.
    Can this be done in TDM tool? or how can we achieve this in optimal way? Appreciate your help on this?

------------------------------

Thanks,
    Subhash
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How to get the Lookup/Reference/TypeList data in CA TDM tool?

Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:38 AM
    Based on what I understand you would need to append the data into those reference tables.

or

you could opt for JAVELIN workflows to actually load data into those reference tables by having a reference table create in a Staging DB (if you have one or use TDM repo) or you could use file that you could read into the javelin workflows.

above data into a table in a DB>javelin reads it as a Datatable and then append the data into the Target table.

• 3.  RE: How to get the Lookup/Reference/TypeList data in CA TDM tool?

Posted Nov 19, 2019 03:25 PM
    I need to perform the look up  as shown below ex:

driver record:
    100        XYZ             1

Ref data:
    1                 ABC                             5

I need to look up rd column(value=1) with ref data 1st column (value=1) and get the output value columns 3 from ref data

Output ref:
    driver record:
    100        XYZ             5

Can this is be possible in TDM?

• 4.  RE: How to get the Lookup/Reference/TypeList data in CA TDM tool?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2019 02:59 PM
    Hi Subhash,

Can you just write a SQL update query with a join?

I am assuming GW is in Oracle.