Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Portal post-publish action variables

Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:49 PM
    Looking for some pointers for creating a report using a post-publish action after a data publish in Portal. I want to create a CSV file that contains formatted fields using some data from the publish that just completed. This file will be used for input to a third party system.

My biggest challenge is getting any useful information about the job itself or the data that was created. Even the job number would be of value as I could connect back to the repository and pull the information I need.

I could write a SQL action but I can't see a way to access the published data.

There is an option with the Workflow action to write a CSV containing data created for one table in the publish that is supposed to be used as a variable file for the Javelin flow. I cannot find an example of a flow that will get me started on using this approach. Anyone had success with this approach?

Open to any suggestions at this point.

Thanks
    Greg

------------------------------
    TDM Architect
    T-Mobile

• 2.  RE: Portal post-publish action variables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 08:30 AM
    Hi Greg,

Have you looked at using the REST action as part of the post publish. The REST action was introduced with TDM 4.6 and can be used to call a small docker container where you can run post processing scripts. We have some sample docker images on Git Hub custom actions.  The download and copy container is a good example where we download the file created by the publish job.  By default the REST action makes certain variables available like # jobId , # token, # connectionProfileName, # tdmUrl

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Keith

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Portal post-publish action variables

Posted Aug 21, 2019 12:23 PM
    Hi Kieth,

I have not looked at the the new REST Action container yet but it looks intriguing. I have inherited a Javelin flow that I was trying to get working but now I think I will pursue other options.

Thanks for the info.
    Greg

TDM Architect
    T-Mobile

• 4.  RE: Portal post-publish action variables
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2019 11:03 AM
    Hi Greg,

Have a look at this article:
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=c3485de5-a065-45c1-a86a-7a878e61c8f4&CommunityKey=909e0526-d8ad-455d-97eb-aa009df5d3aa&tab=librarydocuments

Best regards,
    Peter

• 5.  RE: Portal post-publish action variables

Posted Aug 21, 2019 12:28 PM
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information and the detailed documentation and sample files. I will definitely borrow from your approach of using the HOST action with the PUBJOBID variable. This gives me the control and information I need.

Regards
    Greg

TDM Architect
    T-Mobile