Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  FDM - scripts hang

Posted Jun 22, 2020 12:26 PM
    Hi Team,

We have huge relational DBs like Sql  (around 300 Million) rows in the tables. I am running masking using FDM, it just hangs for hours and throw below error:

There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
    ># Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 3510272 bytes for card table expansion.

FDM allocated - start memory - 10000 MB
                              Max memory - 1000000 MB
                             Using parallel threads - 25

Does this means that increasing Ram for application server will take care of this issue or we need some other way around?

Thank you,
    J

• 2.  RE: FDM - scripts hang

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 04:32 AM
    That is correct, you should increase the heap size for the masking engine's JVM. 
    If you are configuring the masking job through the FDM application then you should increase the size in the Summary TAB (bottom right corner)
    If you are configuring the masking job through the portal then you should increase the size by changing the option called HEAPSIZE

Regards ,Dahman

• 3.  RE: FDM - scripts hang

Posted Jun 23, 2020 10:36 AM
    Hi Dahman,

I am masking using FDM and have already increased the memory size in summary tab to :
    FDM allocated - start memory - 10000 MB
                              Max memory - 1000000 MB

Is there anything else that I can do as my script still hang due to too many rows in table. Just FYI , I am running multiple tables in one script. Any other way around?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: FDM - scripts hang
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hi John,

SQL Server is well down to cause issues with memory due to the SQL Server driver (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/setting-the-connection-properties?view=sql-server-ver15  check selectMethod).

Therefore if you are masking SQL server then 

1- If you are using an old version of FDM, you can add a new entry in the connection profile ...
    selectmethod=cursor

2- if you are using the latest FDM version (patch), you can add selectmethod=cursor  in the additional parameters input box.

Regards, Dahman