Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Posted May 12, 2020 10:33 AM
    Hi All,

Is there a way to JUST mask the numeric values (leave character values as is) in the address field to a fixed value  '000'?

For example, I have a address 1234 SAINTE-CATHERINE RUE OUEST SUITE 567 should be masked to 000 SAINTE-CATHERINE RUE OUEST SUITE 000 every time consistently.

I tried PARTMASK algorithm but it assigns random values which are not consistent.  

Thank you,
    Jaspal

• 2.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2020 11:27 AM
    Hi,

You can use the ACCT_01 function to just mask the numeric values

ACCT_01

The ACCT_01 function substitutes digits in the original value with appropriate digits present in Parm1. Each digit in the original value represents a corresponding position in Parm1. And, the digit present at that position in Parm1 is used to replace the digit in the original value.
    If Parm1 is not provided, the default value of 
     is used. Regardless of the value for Parm1, the last digit in the masked number is always set to 
    The length of the Parm1 value must always include ten digits.
    Parameters
    • Parm1 (Optional)
      Specifies the digits to use for replacing the original value.
    Applies to:
     Numeric and Character
    Example:
     Consider the following example to understand this function:
    Original value: 
    You want to mask this original value with the value provided in Parm1.
    Value in Parm1: 

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Posted May 12, 2020 12:51 PM

Thank you for your reply, Keith.

I see it masks any numeric value to any other numeric values. Which is great.

Couple of questions:

·         Is it possible to replace the numeric values to a fixed values , for example '000' (not just any other numeric values) ?

·         Do we have this algorithm available for MF shops too? Since I am masking sql systems and SUPRA DBs (MF) . Can you please confirm if I use this algorithm for SQL systems, then it will be consistently masked in MF too and the availability of this algorithm in MF CA TDM package?

Thank you in advance.

• 4.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Posted May 12, 2020 04:25 PM

Hello Keith /Broadcom team,

Kindly provide your inputs for the below 2 questions.

Thanks,

Jaspal Singh

CA TDM Consultant
    Information Technology Cluster, WSIB 

Please let me know if you need this message in an alternative format or accommodation to access this email or its attachments.

Si vous avez besoin de ce message dans un autre format ou d'adaptations pour accéder à ce courriel ou à ses pièces jointes, veuillez m'en informer.

• 5.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 12, 2020 04:54 PM
    Have a look at the translate function.  It exists for both distributive and mainframe
    The example below will translate every number to a 0

• 6.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Posted May 12, 2020 05:19 PM

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your reply.

I think translate function replaces one specific numeric values to another specific numeric values.

I am not looking to replace one  specific string. My requirement is to replace any numeric values (not character) falling in the address field to fixed values. Example 123 front street 21  to be replaced to 000 front street 000.

System type: Consistent masking  MF and SQL

On the side note, it will be very helpful if you can check the list of MF functions and let me know if ACCT_01 is also available for MF masking as the website link under MF masking doesn't explains that.

Couple of questions:

·         Is it possible to replace the numeric values to a fixed values , for example '000' (not just any other numeric values) ?

·         Do we have this algorithm available for MF shops too? Since I am masking sql systems and SUPRA DBs (MF) . Can you please confirm if I use this algorithm for SQL systems, then it will be consistently masked in MF too and the availability of th

• 7.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 02:37 PM
    First thing...I dont think there is a masking function, ACCT_01 for the mainframe.
    With regard to your original request, I think the function regexreplace will do the trick
    parm1  (\d){2,9}
    parm2 000
    However this function is only available on the distributive side of things.

• 8.  RE: Masking numeric values only in the address field to '000'

Posted May 14, 2020 09:45 AM

Thank you for your reply, Billy.

I am looking for an algorithm that consistently mask with the below requirement fulfilled on both distributed and legacy.

·         Can you confirm if PARTMASK is available on mainframe and distributed?

·         Since the Broadcom website is not up to date, can you please provide list of functions available on MF with the latest version?

Thanks,

Jaspal Singh

CA TDM Consultant
    Information Technology Cluster, WSIB 

Please let me know if you need this message in an alternative format or accommodation to access this email or its attachments.

Si vous avez besoin de ce message dans un autre format ou d'adaptations pour accéder à ce courriel ou à ses pièces jointes, veuillez m'en informer.