Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Register tables using API

Posted Nov 14, 2019 10:59 AM
    HI ,

I am trying to register tables using following API: 

'http://{{localhost}}:{{port}}/TDMModelService/api/ca/v1/objects'
    headers are  {"Authorization": "Bearer " + login_token,"Accept": "application/json" , "Content-type": "application/json"}
    payload is registerTables_playload = {"objectType":"TABLE", "connectionProfileName":"AI_TravelPYT", "schema":"dbo", "tableNames":["PEOPLE"]}

I have performed the following actions prior to this 

login, create source and target connection profiles, create a project, verison, data generator, create environment, discover relationships and identify the tables under project, version. 

when i try to register the tables, I am getting error code 415, unsupported media type. Can someone help.

Thanks
    Ananda

• 2.  RE: Register tables using API
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 02:06 PM
    Hi Ananda,

When I prototype this command by going into the Portal, getting to the screen to register, selecting F12 to see the debug window and selecting Register, I get:
    Request URL:
    https://localhost:8443/TDMModelService/api/ca/v1/datamodel/tables?projectId=2414&versionId=2415
    Request Method:
    Payload:
    [{"entityId":12275,"tableName":"ADDITIONAL_CARD","isUnique":true,"profileName":"CreditCardOra","databaseName":"CREDITCARD","schemaName":"CREDITCARD","status":"New Table","differences":"","diffrenceReport":null,"conflictDescription":null,"$$hashKey":"uiGrid-000K"},
    ...{"entityId":12291,"tableName":"TRANSACTIONS","isUnique":true,"profileName":"CreditCardOra","databaseName":"CREDITCARD","schemaName":"CREDITCARD","status":"New Table","differences":"","diffrenceReport":null,"conflictDescription":null,"$$hashKey":"uiGrid-001G"}]

• 3.  RE: Register tables using API

Posted Nov 15, 2019 04:13 AM
    I think we are on different APIs. You are on  TDMModelService /api/ca/v1/datamodel/tables - API - where we export tables from new data model to legacy. 

I am on TDMModelService//api/ca/v1/objects - This is for registering objects including tales. 

Is my understanding correct?  If yes, I am looking register tables using the api i specified and getting unsupported media type error.