Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

• 1.  In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 25, 2019 04:35 AM
    ​Hi Team,

I am trying to create Subset workflow in GT subset tool but when trying to create the workflow XML file, nothing is happening after finalizing the subset table and selecting the target DB, when clicking "ok" its showing some processing is going on and screen hang. could you please help me on this.

• 2.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 25, 2019 10:15 AM
    if you are trying to save the workflow please click on the "save extract to the repository" (icon is like arrow towards database).

• 3.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2019 10:44 AM
    What version of TDM are you using?

• 4.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 25, 2019 12:36 PM
    Hi Billy,
    I Latestam using version 4.8 thanks

------------------------------
    Nitin Dixit
    Sr TDM Administrator
    F5 Network

• 5.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 25, 2019 02:41 PM
    Hi there,

I am using 4.8 version and able to create export and import files but when trying to create workflow, I am facing this issue.also saving extract in repository but still that issue persist. Thanks

Nitin Dixit
    Sr TDM Administrator
    F5 Network

• 6.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 11:01 PM
    Is this working now?

regards
    Billy

• 7.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 27, 2019 02:19 AM
    Hi Billy, no its not recolved yet. Thanks

Nitin Dixit

• 8.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 02:43 AM
    It looks like my last response didnt actually happen.    I sent it via my phone so maybe something got screwed up.  There is a problem with a jar file on TDM 4.8.  A solution will be coming but in the meantime here  is a workaround.  In the Datamaker folder, go to the lib folder and rename the commons-codec-1.10.jar 
    file to commons-codec-1.11.jar. 

regards

• 9.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Sep 27, 2019 03:50 AM
    ​Thanks Billy, its working fine.

This one is the second issue which have been identified in 4.8 version, first one was related to integrated authentication in GT Subset, where we need to copy the file sqljdbc_auth.dll  from default path to GT Datamaker folder. Request you to please apply these fixes for both the issues in upcoming release. Thanks,

Thanks again for your quick turnaround. :)

Nitin Dixit

• 10.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Dec 30, 2019 08:07 AM
    Hi Billy,

we have the same issue and working on the 4.8.1 version. Done the jar file changes but the process does not work. can you please guide us.

Regards,
    Rajesh​

• 11.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2019 08:43 AM
    Hi,

Please check the permission on the folders where you are trying to save the file.

Thanks and Regards,
    Manju

• 12.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Dec 30, 2019 09:11 AM
    I have the permissions and the connection is active. Tried with small set of Tables and  I see the xml option to save after 10 mins. Need to try with the actual load which might take more time.

Thanks all. The suggestions worked :)

• 13.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 30, 2019 09:03 AM
    Rajesh you need to be more specific when describing a problem.    :-)   
    We need more than....the process does not work.

• 14.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Posted Dec 30, 2019 09:53 AM
    Agreed Billy :). i followed the thread which had the same issue and jumped in between. The discussion was helpful though.

Regards,
    Rajesh

• 15.  RE: In GT Subset, Workflow save option is not coming, could you please help on this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 31, 2019 04:57 AM
    OK if you are still having problems please do this.
    from a windows command line, cd into the directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker, and execute
    java -jar gtsubset.exe
    then go through the process of what you are trying to do.  Lets see what shows up in the command line information when you encounter your problem.