Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  GT Subset error

Posted Jan 13, 2021 03:00 AM
    Hi,

Can someone help me? I am getting the error when i try to save the extract.
    "No Levels of type GTSUBSET found - defaulting to ALL".   

I have no idea what is this error, Kindly help. Screenshot attached.

Thanks
    Rama

• 2.  RE: GT Subset error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 03:39 AM
    Hello Rama.  In Datamaker for the project/version being used in subset, have you created a datapool with a property of gtsubset?
    regards

• 3.  RE: GT Subset error

Posted Jan 13, 2021 05:15 AM
    Edited by Ramalakshmi Sugavanam Jan 13, 2021 05:30 AM
    Hi Billy,

I created the Datagroup, dataSet, Datapool by selecting type as "GTsubsets" from dropdown. Now i dont see the error, but "Save" button is not showing up.
    screenshots below.  Not sure what's the mistake i am doing. Kindly help.

BTW, i am using latest version (4.9). Is this something related to tool?  Not sure

• 4.  RE: GT Subset error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 06:48 AM
    Rama I suggest creating a support issue for this.

• 5.  RE: GT Subset error

Posted Jan 13, 2021 07:00 AM
    Thanks Billy!  Please help how to create the ticket

• 6.  RE: GT Subset error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 09:50 AM
    Rama just had a thought.  I am assuming you are getting to subset via Datamaker, yes?  When you login to the windows server that is running datamaker, are you logging in as Administrator?  If no, when you launch Datamaker from the desktop, instead of double clicking on the datamaker icon, right mouse click and run as administrator.  Try your subset test again and see what happens.

• 7.  RE: GT Subset error

Posted Jan 14, 2021 11:40 PM
    Hi Billy,

Thanks for your reply! Here is the updates

I am assuming you are getting to subset via Datamaker, yes?    -  Rama - Yes, I am navigating to Subset via Datamaker application

When you login to the windows server that is running datamaker, are you logging in as Administrator?  - Rama - Yes, i logged in as administrator

If no, when you launch Datamaker from the desktop, instead of double clicking on the datamaker icon, right mouse click and run as administrator.  Try your subset test again and see what happens.  -     Rama -  still "Save" button is not showing up; My team mate also tried, but he is also seeing same issue.  

Please note: This error message is not showing up now -  "No Levels of type GTSUBSET found - defaulting to ALL".   But we dont see the "save" button at all in the popup.   

Please help how the support ticket can be raised.

Thanks
    Rama

• 8.  RE: GT Subset error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 04:37 AM
    Rama just to double check...can you tell me what release of GT Subset you are using.  When in the Subset UI go to help-->About.
    What happens when you untick the option, "Levels of GT Subset only"?

Apologies for the drip feed of questions.

• 9.  RE: GT Subset error

Posted Jan 15, 2021 06:24 AM
    No Problem Billy!

Here is the Subset UI - version  - 4.9.100.37
    What happens when you untick the option, "Levels of GT Subset only"?  - Just there is change in "Save Extract To" path; other than that I dont see anything happening. No "Save" button showing up.

• 10.  RE: GT Subset error

Posted Jan 15, 2021 11:04 AM
    Hi Billy,

Case created -

Case 32484585

Thanks
    Rama