Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Posted Sep 24, 2019 12:57 PM
    While executing javelin workflow, i am getting the below error:

Error executing Write Data to Oracle Table: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
    ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Does anyone know what grants/privileges needed for oraclebulkcopy  in target server?

Thanks
    Ram

• 2.  RE: Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2019 09:10 PM
    Hi Ram,
        This issue occurs due to incomplete database user privileges on target table. When you do not have exclusive write permissions to all dependent (Foreign key) TABLES, SEQUENCES and INDEXES.
    To resolve this issue, You will have contact your DBA to grant exclusive write permission to all the tables and indexes in the target schema.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

• 3.  RE: Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Posted Sep 25, 2019 04:50 PM

Hi Srikanth,

My DBA grant  exclusive write permission to all the tables and indexes in the target schema before I create this ticket.

Is there a way to find and  list what  grants/privileges needed for javelin oraclebulkcopy  in target server?

Thanks

Ram

• 4.  RE: Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:08 AM
    Have your DBA give you all permissions on the database.  
    I have been doing some searches on Google and see where for Bulk Copy some additional privileges need to be given, please review this link:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21530569/ora-01031-insufficient-privileges-when-bulk-loading-data-from-one-schema-to-ano
    Let me know if this helps.

I also updated the case with this same information.

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer III
    Broadcom, Inc
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Posted Sep 25, 2019 10:14 AM

check if the WRITE access is available for the objects that are part of the target table and READ access on the SOURCE objects.

• 6.  RE: Javelin workflow Oraclebulkcopy - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:47 AM
    Hi RAM,

try asking your DBA to execute below link(http://adp-gmbh.ch/ora/misc/recursively_list_privilege.html) this will give what privilages are given to each user.

Try performing the task with DBA access, if works then you should ask DBA to identify which system/object privileges are different from sysDBA. by this you could drill down to the core of the issue.

any ways please share the workflow I can try to look into it.

Akhilesh.