Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.

Posted Dec 05, 2019 05:33 AM
    ​Hi,

I am facing some issue with the FDM (TDM 4.8 version ). Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.
    I have Admin access and using the same admin credential, I can update the column but when I am tryin to run the masking using FDM, Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.

Could you please help on this. Thanks

------------------------------
    Nitin Dixit

• 2.  RE: Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.

Posted Dec 05, 2019 07:15 AM
    Hi Nitin,

Check the following:
    - DBUPDATES option should be Y
    - If you use a where clause this should match the value
    - When using the IGNORE function the original value should be in the list
    - When using a seedlist, the index should be successively numbered

What masking function did you use?

Best reagrds,
    Klaas-Jan

• 3.  RE: Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.

Posted Dec 06, 2019 01:06 AM
    ​Hi Jan,

please find the response as below:

Check the following:
    - DBUPDATES option should be Y --> Yes I have rechecked it and its 'Yes'
    - If you use a where clause this should match the value --> Not using any where clause
    - When using the IGNORE function the original value should be in the list --> Not using Ignore
    - When using a seedlist, the index should be successively numbered --> gtrep_reference_data .First_Name and Last_Name

What masking function did you use?
    --> Using HASHLOV function to apply the masking on First name and last name

Please let me know if further info is required.

Nitin Dixit

• 4.  RE: Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.

Posted Dec 06, 2019 01:41 AM
    Hi Jan,

Would like to share some more finding which I have analyzed  i.e.
    -We don't have any primary key in this table where we are applying masking​.
    -As per the audit files, HASHLOV function is using one column i.e. ROW_ID  as a 'UNIQUE COLUMNS' and its Datatype is nvarchar(15) and index type is Clustered (unique) and UNIQUE COLUMN VALUES are like " 1-100362I"

Do I need to drop all the indexes before apply the masking?

PS:I also tried to update one value of same table, taken reference data from some other table data and it has updated successfully.

Nitin Dixit

• 5.  RE: Masking Job is getting completed successfully but data is not being masked in DB.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2019 01:31 AM
    Hi Nitin,

Check on the first three bullets :-)
    When using a seedlist (HASHLOV)  the index should be numbered successively.1,2,3,4. There can be no gaps between the numbers in the gtrep.dbo.gtrep_reference_data.

Best regards,
    Klaas-Jan Lute