Test Data Manager

View Only

How to update the column  with multiple values post copy/clone process?

• 1.  How to update the column  with multiple values post copy/clone process?

Posted May 02, 2019 04:27 AM

Here are the scenario what I am exactly looking for.

I have two tables. Lets say 'A' and 'B'

I need to update table 'A's column using Table 'B's column. But the challenge is Table 'B' column having multiple records. So I cannot use update function because the update function will update only one value for the particular column. 

I tried by passing the variable to the particular column in datamaker(Variable having function to take the value Table'B') and it is working fine if my inputs are 5 or less than 5 values. If I pass 6 values(more than 5) as input to copy from one environment to other, the column value(Table 'A') shows different value.

Lets's say my input to copy from one environment to other: pol1,pol2,pol3,pol4,pol5 - Working fine. Means Table'A' s column updating correctly using variable I passed to that column.

But if I want to copy from one environment to other for the input: pol1,pol2,pol3,pol4,pol5,pol6

here I am having issue that column is updating but the updated data is not in sync with other tables' column.

Overall, the copy flow is working only when we provide the input less than 5(Update happens as expected). But if we provide 6 inputs to copy to target environment, update not happens as expected. Is there any limitation for the variable in data maker? Or how we can update the particular column if multiple value needs to be updated ?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Akshaya