Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Posted Oct 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Hello Team,

Am trying to retrieve the table relationships for the tables involved in my data source. I verified that the table has got the necessary referential integrity established(primary key and foreign key). But when I tried to use table relationship, it is returning me as No relation found for all the tables. I know am missing something, but not sure what to do exactly here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Note: I tried the same using GTDiagrammer as well and even in there it is showing all the tables as orphan tables. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sethu

• 2.  Re: Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2018 03:51 AM

Hi Sethu,

This sounds like the relationships haven't been registered. I would try to un-register and register them again. 

Also since you're mentioning the subset tag, do you see this behavior from GTSubset? If so, check if subset is not using the relationships from the repository.

Regards,

Peter

• 3.  Re: Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:28 AM

Thank you Peter. Apologies for getting back to you late.

In the mean while, am not sure about the process of un-registering the tables and I tried to create a new project and register the tables again that I wanted to work on the subset requirement. Also, as you mentioned, I tried the same from data subset as well, and it is the same. Not able to narrow down to the issue.

Please share any details that I can use to un-register the tables, I will try to follow that and see if I fetch the relations.

Thanks

Sethu

• 4.  Re: Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:42 AM

Hi Peter. Apologies for getting back to you late. But came to know that the database architecture is set up in such a way that, there are no referential integrity maintained at the DB level, instead they are maintained using business objects at the application layer. Could you please let me know what would be the possible solution for this scenario to work on any data subset and data generation requirement. One way is to establish the relationships/links manually, but wanted to know if there is any better solution apart from that.

Thanks

Sethu

• 5.  Re: Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 12:13 PM

Hi Sethu,

If you can export the relationships from the application layer, than you import them in TDM and use them. Those relationships will only exist in the TDM repository but it does enable TDM do use them just as normal relationships from the db.

The import file needs to be in a csv format, for the correct structure, export the relationships from a database with relationships. That way you'll have an example at hand.

Not sure if importing relationships can be done in the portal already, if not that you'll have to use DataMaker or you could opt to do it by the API calls although that would mean more work.

Best regards,

Peter

• 6.  Re: Table relationship returns as no relation found for tables that has RI established

Posted Nov 07, 2018 10:38 AM

Thank you again Peter. Yes, we are exploring that option now and I will keep you posted with the update.