Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB

Posted Jun 21, 2018 05:48 AM

Hi,

As per the documentation, Data generation and subset is not supported for PostgreSQL DB in CA TDM version 4.5. I would like to know if anyone has done masking on PostgreSQL DB as it is supported. If masked, let me know the DB version also.

Also need info if anyone has done data generation with lower versions of CA TDM.

• 2.  Re: CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2018 01:05 PM

Per the documentation: Supported Data Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 4.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

PostgreSQL 9.5.4 is the only supported version for Data Masking.

I don't have any data available on what versions of TDM are utilizing the PostgreSQL data source.

• 3.  RE: Re: CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB

Posted Nov 23, 2019 06:26 PM
    Hi,

I'm not able to access the any document link provided in the  forums, may I know why

all i'm able to see is, below screen on clicking above link.. can you please help

• 4.  RE: Re: CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2019 02:31 PM
    Hi,

We have recently migrated from the wiki-based "docops" to the Broadcom Techdocs Portal.   The Test Data Manager documentation can be accessed here:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/test-data-management/4-8-1.html
    We are still in the process of cleaning things up, so there are a couple of things to be aware of:
    (1) When you search, you want to choose the item with the Capital Letters and without dashes:
    (2) There are a few pages that are currently truncated.   If you need access to these, you can download a PDF copy of the original "docops" from our Box share.

• 5.  RE: Re: CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2019 06:05 AM
    Scott's new link should work, please tell us if you have any more issues with techdocs.

For your information, old links are now redirected to the Tech Docs Portal (the page in your screenshot). If you ever end up on that portal page again, click CA Enterprise Software, Continuous Testing, there you will find Test Data Manager. Or you can use the search bar.

------------------------------
    Technical Writer
    Broadcom / CA
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Re: CA TDM - Data masking, generation and subset for PostgreSQL DB

Posted Nov 25, 2019 11:23 PM
    Thanks Scott,

now I can access the details.. .it helps