Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 24, 2018 03:02 AM

I am trying hard to find some End to End documentation on CA TDM tool to check what features are available in the tool. From Layman's language, I would like to know from basics starting from installation. I have checked few video tutorials as well, and I am unable to understand objectives of the tool and low level explanation.

Is there any complete guide available or good reading material other than official docs site, please provide your feedback.

• 2.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 24, 2018 06:58 AM

Hi,

Did you go through the following links.

TDM Architecture:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-6/en/getting-started/architecture-overview

Datamaker concepts and features:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-6/en/getting-started/datamaker-concepts-and-features

Installation:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-6/en/installing

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Aditi

Sr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:16 AM

Is there any complete PDF available somewhere for better read. Else, consider this question as closed.

Thank you...

• 4.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 24, 2018 08:08 AM

If you click on the ‘PDF' button towards the top right of the docops page, it will create a PDF of everything below the current level of the page you have currently selected.

This should paginated correctly for offline reading.

(Similarly, you can create an EPUB format file for use with an e-reader instead of a PDF)

• 5.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 03:25 AM

I have responded to Keith's answer, Thank you.. Please check.

• 6.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:58 AM

Hi,

As well as reviewing the documentation you may also want to review some of the you tube content:

CA TDM Review (Real User: Virginia Messina) - YouTube 

Test Data Manager: Cut Testing Time without Cutting Corners - YouTube 

Protect confidential data with Static Data Masking - YouTube 

We also have this playlist which contains videos for lots of the TDM components.

CA Test Data Manager - YouTube 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Keith

• 7.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 03:23 AM

TDM Documentation

I am following Getting Started - CA Test Data Manager - 4.5 - CA Technologies Documentation , I am using SV product and now interested in vTDM. 

From screen capture, I have highlighted vTDM. Should I just have to follow that documentation OR is there a dependency on other products like Javelin, Datamaker, Profiling Data etc. If there is a dependency, may I request to give your short explanation on how all of them are inter-related, high-level architecture will help.

• 8.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:35 AM

Hi,

vTDM is an extension of the TDM portal, to get vTDM working you need to deploy the vTDM appliance, datamaker and TDM Portal. The link you have highlighted is the correct documentation for vTDM and we have two you tube videos that explain how vTDM works.

Introducing CA vTDM - YouTube 

Getting Started with vTDM - YouTube 

Regards

Keith

• 9.  Re: CA E2E TDM Complete Documentation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 05:49 AM

Thank you Keith for your time and response. This helps, I will go through vTDM appliance, Datamaker & TDM Portal documentation.