Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  PART_HASH function in Teradata subset masking scripts

Posted Jul 27, 2018 04:36 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am using GTSubset for Teradata masking scripts wherein I am using Teradata Scrambled windows export/load option to prepare the masking scripts. 

While masking First name column, I have selected HASHLOV function for masking using Datamaker tranformation map and running the bat file under TPT\exportandload so that the masked data will get directly loaded into my Target instance.

However, I am getting error while running the script. I have also observed that the script is using some PART_HASH function for masking. Please explain what this function is for? Is it Teradata in built function?

The error is: EXPORT_OPERATOR: TPT10508: RDBMS error 5628: Column C4Z1TARP not found in Y2, Y1.

I have attached the TPT script which is running once I invoke bat file.

Attachment(s)

zip
    Script.tpt.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: PART_HASH function in Teradata subset masking scripts

Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:38 AM

anyone across this issue?

• 3.  Re: PART_HASH function in Teradata subset masking scripts

Posted Aug 02, 2018 05:00 PM

Swapnil, sorry for the delay. I haven't seen anything like this and these were the only seemingly relevant results that I count find relating to your questions:

Request for clarification - on why a particular qu - CA Knowledge 

https://kb.informatica.com/solution/21/Pages/136312.aspx - not sure how relevant this is to the current situation....

I hope to have some more info tomorrow or Monday...

• 4.  Re: PART_HASH function in Teradata subset masking scripts
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:03 PM

I believe that this problem is due to the lack of the SCRAMBLE db within Teradata.

Please note that these components aren't provided in TDM 4.5 and earlier. However this has been corrected and the Teradata SCRAMBLE db is now included in TDM 4.6. TDM 4.6 went GA today. Documentation for installing the Teradata SCRABME db can be found here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-6/en/provisioning-test-data/mask-production-data-with-fast-data-masker/data-scrambling/install-teradata-scramble-components

I opened a support case for you and I've uploaded the necessary data to that support case if you need this for TDM 4.5 & earlier versions.

Please let me know if you continue to have problem.

• 5.  Re: PART_HASH function in Teradata subset masking scripts

Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:00 PM

Swapnil,

Haven't heard back from you on this. Marking my last answer as correct. Please reach out if you still have problems/questions.

Regards,

Sean