Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Issue in Datamaker for Table name more than 32 Character Length

Posted May 09, 2018 11:35 AM

I have a set of related SQL tables registered in Datamaker for a Project. Few of these tables have table names more than 32 characters.

While I try to setup the Transformation map individually for these tables, it works fine. But when a table with name less than 32 bytes has a reference to (foreign key) with a table having name more than 32 characters and I try to copy/import the same rule to the related field using the "Rel" feature, I get a message that "Item 'Table_Name_More_Than_32_Char' does not pass the validation test".

How can I solve this problem or is there a fix available?

• 2.  Re: Issue in Datamaker for Table name more than 32 Character Length

Posted May 09, 2018 04:42 PM

Shrini_TSYS

I wasn't able to locate any known issues or similar problems relating to that error.

Could you please provide a screen shot? Feel free to distort any of the table names, etc as necessary.

Also, what version of TDM are you using?

• 3.  Re: Issue in Datamaker for Table name more than 32 Character Length

Posted May 10, 2018 01:50 PM

I am using Datamaker 4.5.0.36.

In Transformation map, while trying to copy/export same rule to all linked tables get below error and then if I still proceed, the table name appears blanked out in the Import Rules window.

This happens for many tables, and thats where I realized that all these tables had character length more than 32. All other tables has name length less than 32 characters.