Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

• 1.  Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 09, 2018 03:25 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a flow to insert a CSV file to a table I'm able to read the file correctly but when I try to load it with the InsertDatatable object but at the time I select the ProviderName it fails even when using any of the both options available for Oracle.

When using the "Oracle.DataAccess.Client" provider it fails with this error:

Executing Step: InsertDataTableActivity
    Exception occurred: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

And with the other provider "system.data.oracleclient":

Executing Step: InsertDataTableActivity
    Exception occurred: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.

What am I missing? How I can make it work?

Regards,

Felipe A. Hernandez.

• 2.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 03:37 PM

Hi Felipe,

Please verify the version of .Net Framework, and the version of Oracle client software installed. It sounds like these might be running older releases that we are not recognizing.

Thank you,

Brad

• 3.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 09, 2018 03:54 PM

I've seen this problem once before, but with a different component that uses the Oracle thick client rather than the ODP.NET drivers.

Here's one of many references to this problem:

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater – Fadi Abdulwahab's Blog 

The solution:

1. Go to the Oracle Client folder.
    2. Right Click on the folder.
    3. On security Tab, Add "Authenticated Users" and give this account Read & Execute permission.
    4. Apply this security for all folders, Subfolders and Files (IMPORTANT).
    5. Don't Forget to REBOOT your Machine; if you forgot to do this you will still face the same problem unless you restart your machine.

Again, not sure if this will apply to Javelin since it uses different drivers.

• 4.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:42 PM

Ok, I was able to pass this hurdle it seems that I didn't had the 32 bit version of the client installed. I have installed it and now I'm seeing this error:
    2018-07-09 15:28:21 - Exception occurred: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Under the Oracle client directory I have a tnsnames.ora file with the entry to connect to our development db server. But I'm not sure on how to specify to use this TNS entry.

• 5.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:39 AM

Hi Felipe,

It looks like this error is a known issue, which is discussed in https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/ora12154-tns-could-not-resolve-the-connect-identifier-specified/kb000004745. Please review this knowledge document and let us know if this does not resolve your issue.

Kind regards,

Brad

• 6.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 10, 2018 01:09 PM

Hi Brad,

I've done what the document says and copied over the tnsnames.ora over the GTDatamaker folder but it keeps appearing the error.

And this is when it is getting executed from Javelin so I don't know if it should go on another folder or somewhere else.

Also I don't know what string I should put under the DataSource property I've put "SERVER=GLDDAPPS" but I don't know if that is sufficient for the tool to go, check the TNSNAMES.ora file for the entry.

Regards,

Felipe.

• 7.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 02:57 PM

Hi Felipe,

Just to clarify, the document states that the tnsnames.ora file should be placed in both directories. You mentioned you copied it to GTDatamaker. Could you please verify the file also is in C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_ConfigEditor\libraries?

I'll need to check on javelin to see if there is another directory used by it.

Thank you,

Brad

• 8.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 10, 2018 04:06 PM

I'm running Javelin on my local machine so I don't have TDoD installed, only Datamaker and Javelin.

Regards,

Felipe.

• 9.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2018 01:39 PM

Hi Felipe,

Are you still experiencing this issue ?

• 10.  Re: Javelin InsertDataTable not working.

Posted Jul 20, 2018 03:20 PM

Hi Ryan, I am not having this issue anymore.

It seems that I only have to put the name of the connection and not the whole string.

Regards,

Felipe A. Hernandez.