Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Javelin workflow in TDM portal

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:59 AM

Hello,

We've created a javelin workflow to in order to subset data from 1 database and copy it to another. We want testers to be able to start the workflow with 2 variables:

-Target database

-Simple query to select which data will be copied (selecting ID's for the driving table)

I've looked at this page, and I can add the workflow in the portal. When I try to add the workflow to a generator however, it keeps making me add tables which seems redundant to me seeing as this is already being taken care of by the workflow.

Also I can't figure out how to make the generator available to testers, and make it possible for the tester to enter values for the 2 variables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (also if it involves telling me I should be doing this in a completely different way).

• 2.  Re: Javelin workflow in TDM portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 10:28 AM

Usually workflows are done as part of pre/post publish for a generator and hence TDM is asking you to add tables. You could create a temporary table which stores the variables entered by the user so that you an track these submitted requests. Register this table into the data generator, setup the variables and then add the workflow as a post-publish action.