Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

GUI Version is invalid

• 1.  GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 09, 2018 04:13 AM

Hi All,

i am getting below error after ugprade to 4.5.

GUI version specified in database (4.4.0.23) is invalid. This version of the software can work with DB set for version 4.5.0.36 only. Please contact support.

I have tried to update repository after Upgrade, it requested for Admininstrator credentials, When i tried to launch using admin Access got the above error.

Please help.

Regards, Raju Devolla.

• 2.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 09, 2018 04:15 AM

it is for SQL Server repository with 2012 version.

• 3.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 08:14 AM

Hi,

Can you confirm that you followed the steps in this Upgrade Guide on page 36 on wards it shows how to remove the rep.xml if present and upgrade the repository, can you let me know exactly in this process where you are seeing the error.

Regards

Keith

• 4.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:08 AM

Raju,

Did you login to Datamaker using administrator credentials or did you run the program in administrator mode? You need to do both together for this to work.

• 5.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 17, 2018 06:23 AM

Me too getting exactly the same error as mentioned below..

"GUI version specified in database (4.4.0.23) is invalid.
             This version of the software can work with DB set for version 4.5.0.36 only.
             Please contact support."

I have run TDM upgrade programs (TDM Version 4.4 to 4.5) as Administrator hence there should not be any issue here.

The only change what I have done is - Upgraded the TDM Portal before upgrading the repository. Not sure if this is causing the issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Note:

OS = Win 2012 Server R2

DB = Microsoft SQL Server 2016

• 6.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 17, 2018 07:01 AM

Hi Raju ,

Take backup of rep.xml to other location .Then delete rep.xml from GTDatamaker folder .

Then try to login .once you had successful login copyback rep.xml to GTdatamaker folder .

Regards,

Krushna

• 7.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 17, 2018 07:06 AM

Hi,

First Step is to Upgrade Datamaker which upgrades the TDM Repository and then Portal should be upgraded. When you upgrade please follow the steps which is described at our Upgrade Center (CA Test Data Manager ).

Please log a ticket to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 8.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:12 AM

Hi ,

Also try this below step from repository.

update gtrep_system set sys_gui_ver = null

Regards,

Vennlig hilsen

• 9.  Re: GUI Version is invalid
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:08 PM

Hello,

It will be a combination of Krushna's response of:

Take backup of rep.xml to other location .Then delete rep.xml from GTDatamaker folder .

Then try to login .once you had successful login copyback rep.xml to GTdatamaker folder .

&

Raju's response of:

update gtrep_system set sys_gui_ver=null

• 10.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 18, 2018 02:45 AM

Thanks Ryan. Yes, I deleted the rep.xml previously and now after updating gtrep_system, Datamaker is working fine

• 11.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 18, 2018 05:20 AM

Glad to know we have a workable solution.  However, it leaves a question for me:

• Having executed ‘update gtrep_system set sys_gui_ver = null;' so that the UI connects successfully,  what is the ongoing value of gtrep_system.sys_gui_ver ?
    • I would suppose that the check of sys_gui_ver is there for a reason - presumably to make sure the UI doesn't ask for or try to write value(s) that are not defined in the current version of the repository?
      • Is there potential for further crashes / instability downstream?

Once the UI is able to connect to repo again, should there be a final step to run a repo upgrade, or at least repo maintenance, so that gtrep_system.sys_gui_ver is set correctly again?

• 12.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:57 AM

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. Ongoing value of gtrep_system.sys_gui_ver is still NULL. In addition, I have performed "Check Repository Tables" process and don't see any issue. However the value of sys_gui_ver still remains NULL.

Not sure about any further repository maintenance/update.

After doing all these actions, I still remain with another critical issue - OrientDB Service is not getting started. It ends up with following error. 

OrientDB Error

Windows could not start the OrientDB on local computer. For more information, review the System Event log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1.

System Event Log = "The OrientDB service terminated with the following service-specific error:
    Incorrect function."

Raised a ticket with CA Support and awaiting for the response

• 13.  Re: GUI Version is invalid

Posted Apr 19, 2018 04:34 AM

Thanks - good luck with getting OrientDB started.