Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Data profiling

Posted Mar 05, 2018 10:39 AM

Hi CA Team,

We have requirement to check sensitive fields in our DB2 database as a part of GDPR. DB2 database is having more then 45000 tables. Running data profiling with JDBC database connections as for  whole  database would be an issue. So , We would like to do the data profiling for particular set for tables,  for Eg for Tables whose name starts with TRC* .

Is there any way to configure same in the test data manager portal for data profiling?

CA ChampionsCA TDM Classification pack example  @CA TDM Classification pack example

Thanks

Rajeev Kumar

• 2.  Re: Data profiling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 02:03 PM

Hi Rajeev,

By design, it is to inspect everything to ensure that there is no doubt.

Below is the documentation to set up Data Profiling via TDM Portal.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-4/en/data-discovery-and-profiling/data-discovery-and-profiling-using-the-ca-tdm-portal

Thank you,

Ryan

• 3.  Re: Data profiling

Posted Mar 05, 2018 03:47 PM

Hi Ryan,

What is the syntax to update  in "Additional Connection Properties" to search in particular schema.

We are getting an error if we just put the schema name in "Additional Connection Properties"

• 4.  Re: Data profiling
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:39 AM

Hi,

This is the syntax for the additional connection profiles  - (For DB2/AS400 and Teradata) Lets you specify the additional connection properties. For example, libraries=Schema1,Schema2,Schema3 implies that the Portal searches only the schema names that you have provided in this field.

This is the link to the relevant docops page. Create a Connection Profile - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Keith

• 5.  Re: Data profiling

Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi Keith,

I was trying to use the additional qualifier with schema name but getting an error as  JDBC url is not correct as mentioned in the document schema=XX.

Could you please help us in this regard.

Thanks,

Rajeev Kumar

• 6.  Re: Data profiling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 12:31 PM

Hi,

it looks like we may have a documentation issue can you please try and terminate with a colon, i.e "libraries=skip1,skip2,skip2;" . i will also try this on a test environment and talk to the documentation team to update the online documentation.

Regards

Keith