This document and others like it can be viewed in our TDM knowledge base here: CA Test Data Manager
How to Connect to HP NonStop Database with Datamaker
This article explains how to connect to an HP NonStop SQL/MX Database from Datamaker using the 32-bit ODBC driver.
Note: HP NonStop is not an officially supported database. See all supported data sources here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-3/en/installing/supported-data-sources
Datamaker is only able to work with the 32-bit ODBC driver for HP NonStop SQL database. Once you obtain the driver files from HP or your DBA, please install them on the Datamaker App server and create a 32-bit ODBC DSN just like you would do for any other ODBC data source. Next create a profile from Datamaker and connect in the usual way. These are the steps to download the ODBC drivers and then to connect to the database from Datamaker.
To download the driver:
1. Download the driver from NonStop system to the HP–UXia64 workstation in binary mode- You can use FTP utility for downloading.- The driver is packaged as a tar file in the Software Update Tape (SUT) and is available on the NonStop system when DSM/SCM is used to install the SUT.- The file name is ODBC64HI, and is located in the volume $SYSTEM.ZMXODBC.
2. Log on to the HP–UXia64 workstation as a root user.
3. Go to download directory, and enter the following command to extract the files: tar -xvf ODBC64HI The files are extracted to HPUXia64_ODBC_64 directory.- The install scripts and the README file are also extracted with the driver.
To create a connection profile:
1. Login to Datamaker.
2. From the main connection screen, ensure that Repository is selected under 'Get profiles from', and click the yellow Create New Profile button.
3. Follow the instructions in Connect to the Repository for either a Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle data source.- When complete, the new connection profiles should appear on the main connection screen.
4. Click the green connect button to connect to Datamaker using the selected data sources.