Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Number type variable validation.

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Number type variable validation.

Posted 02-27-2018 05:07 PM

On previous versions of TDM Portal (TDoD) when using a variable type number it validated that only numbers were put on the text field. Now with the new version we see this feature removed, is there a way to do the validation, I've tried to put the Between(0,99) validation option but I'm not able to use it.

How should be used this?

I've tried to follow what it says on the documentation:
    Create and Manage Variables - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Felipe A. Hernandez.

• 2.  Re: Number type variable validation.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-28-2018 01:16 PM

Hi Felipe,

So you have the Variable Type as Number, Included validation, Defined the Rule, Chosen Between 0-99, set a default value of say 1, and it does not validate?  Can you provide a screen shot?

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: Number type variable validation.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-28-2018 04:37 PM

Felipe,

Which version of TDM are you using? I have tried entering non numeric characters on a numeric variable and the validation fails on TDM Portal 4.4 as expected.

• 4.  Re: Number type variable validation.

Posted 02-28-2018 05:07 PM

Hi Less and Anil,

We were able to do this but the thing is that in the documentation there is no information about what are the formulas you can use to validate this kind of things, I only know that for a checkbox there is an in(Y,N) validation but in the case of numbers I don't know which ones I can use.

• 5.  Re: Number type variable validation.
    Best Answer

Posted 03-05-2018 09:48 AM

Hi Felipe, we can reach out to the documentation team to enhance this.