Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Questions related to CATDM 4.2 Find and Reserve

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:27 PM

Hello, today we were trying to use simplified find and reserve new feature of CA TDM  4.2 and came across some questions/observations :

Define Filter :

1) Can we define drop down list using variables on self service form for required fields in place of text box?

Find Data:

2) If we are joining two or multiple tables,at present only base table data is getting displayed on self service form.

Select Data :

3) What if user wants to reserve data in bulk(15-20 records) instead of manual selection

Download Data :

4) From where we can get the reserved data report ? as of now we are only able to download model keys.

• 2.  Re: Questions related to CATDM 4.2 Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 10:04 PM

Hi Mradul,

Have you taken a look at:

Reserve Data with Self Service Catalog Forms

This would be more what you are looking for at this time.

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: Questions related to CATDM 4.2 Find and Reserve

Posted Jul 25, 2017 02:47 PM

Hello Les,

Thanks for reply.

However we are already using Find and Reserve functionality using ARD flow as shared by you.

I was looking for new simplified find and reserve -new feature of CA TDM  4.2, where we don't need to create marts variables,design records and ARD flows to use find and reserve but there I found observations as posted, which is expected in upcoming version if not supported in 4.2

Mradul P

• 4.  Re: Questions related to CATDM 4.2 Find and Reserve

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:36 AM

Hi Mradul P,

Thanks for your patience.

I am checking with Development regarding this issue.

Cheers!
    Les

• 5.  Re: Questions related to CATDM 4.2 Find and Reserve
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 12:41 AM

Hi Mradul P,

I got a quick response back from Development:

Define Filter :

1) Can we define drop down list using variables on self service form for required fields in place of text box?

[Gupta,Mayank] No.

Find Data:

2) If we are joining two or multiple tables,at present only base table data is getting displayed on self service form.

[Gupta, Mayank] Fields selected in the root table ( one that contains model key) will be displayed. Others will act as filters.

Select Data :

3) What if user wants to reserve data in bulk(15-20 records) instead of manual selection

[Gupta, Mayank] They can use API directly, from UI, selection needs to be made.

Download Data :

4) From where we can get the reserved data report ? as of now we are only able to download model keys.

[Gupta, Mayank] The model keys are the one which are reserved.

Cheers!
    Les