Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  How can I branch on a global variable without requiring extra interaction with user?

Posted Feb 21, 2018 02:48 PM

Working with ARD 2.3 and Portal 4.3.

I have a customer who has created a flow that branches based on some user entries. It would e more efficient to for the user to enter their selections at the top of the flow and for the branching to happen with no additional user input.

For example, if there were 4 paths through this flow based on the entry of two variables, say gender and married. Gender can be M or F and Married can be Yes or No. Four combinations. 

I f we set global variables in ARD, the user can select those as the first options in the flow. However, when they get to the decision blocks, even if we use the variable value as the default for the branch, the user is still required to enter the data. 

How do we remove this choice so the flow advances automatically? 

Or, if, as I suspect, this is not possible, how can we access a TDM variable from within ARD such that they are not prompted to enter values for the global variables at the start of the flow. 

• 2.  Re: How can I branch on a global variable without requiring extra interaction with user?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 05:55 PM

Hi Brian,

Let's get this clarified a little more if you do not mind.

Why are the decision blocks asking for input again?  Is this from the Portal or from the Flow?  In either case, it is already locked into place and there should NOT be any request for the information.  So my suggestion is to visit the Decision Blocks and look at how the variables are being requested - are they simply using the Global variables or are they asking for external input? 

Would it be better to open a Support Case to work through this where you could supply the Flow, have a WebEx, and if needed get Development involved?

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: How can I branch on a global variable without requiring extra interaction with user?

Posted Feb 28, 2018 08:52 AM

Hi Brian_Weissman, are you able to provide the information Les requested? If you are still experiencing the issues, please open a support case by going to Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

• 4.  Re: How can I branch on a global variable without requiring extra interaction with user?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2018 09:38 AM

I have created a case for this with additional questions relating to DM(portal) and ARD