Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  SV Integration Example?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 04:54 PM

In the CA TDM documentation (https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/3-8/en/provisioning-test-data/data-discovery/data-discovery-using-the-ca-tdm-portal/prepare-test-data-for-non-relational-data-sources/xsd-xml-wsdl-json-rr-pair-file-types/integration-with-ca-service-virtualization) The example walks someone through the workflow, but I could not find the example data (medicare.wsdl, medicare_request.xml,medicare_response.xm, etc.) Is there a link missing from the documentation? I could not find those files in the TDM install directories.

• 2.  Re: SV Integration Example?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:29 AM

Hi Karl,

In this case, the files that are being referenced in the sample are not available in the product. For now, it is just a scenario that you can reference, but not exactly recreate in your own environment. However, we have been discussing this internally and are trying to see how we can get these files added to the product installation in the future as an enhancement. I apologize for the confusion. We can make a note in our documentation saying that these files are not included with TDM.

I have attached the files to this community post for now:

• WSDL file
    • XML request file
    • XML response file

Best regards,

Taylor

kusterer

Attachment(s)

zip
    medicare_response.xml.zip   611 B 1 version
    zip
    medicare_request.xml.zip   333 B 1 version
    zip
    medicare.wsdl.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2016 09:56 AM

Exactly my ask 4 months back...

• 4.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:13 PM

Yes, I think it needs to be noted in the documentation. Thanks

• 5.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:30 PM

I am really happy that people are getting use out of this scenario and completely agree that having the materials to follow along would take it to the next level.

Furthermore, I feel that all commonly used data sources should be represented with usable sample materials. I am doing what I can to make this happen. In the meantime, I will look at interim solutions, either a note or providing the files elsewhere.

Archer

• 6.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Posted Oct 27, 2016 04:24 PM

One flow done to integrate SV and TDM...

• 7.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 11:03 AM

Hi

I am trying to do the integration of TDM & App test component of CA Dev test. Could you please explain in details how we can call App Test service from javelin. Image is not much clear. Thank you!

• 8.  Re: SV Integration Example?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 03:03 PM

Shivanikaul

You can use a communication activity in Javelin to make a rest call...

Communication Activities - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

And with the rest call,  we have our invokeAPI servlet that you can stage tests to your DevTest Server.   The API's are located here.  Although the link for the LISA Invoke is from DevTest 10,   they haven't change in the last several major releases of DevTest

LISA Invoke - DevTest Solutions - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation