Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  CA TDM PORTAL: Search filter criteria does not return exact values instead fetch wildcard values.

Posted Jun 11, 2019 07:56 AM
      |   view attached

I have a column named 'AUX' with values like 'IS','S','SE' and many more in it.
    All the leading/trailing spaces are removed from the values and 'AUX' is defined as textbox while creating the form.

If AUX = S is searched on the self service catalog form, I get result set with values S, SE, and IS in AUX field.

How can I get the result where only the records having AUX=S are returned?

Attached screenshot of the result set and filter condition used.
    P.S – Need to search for 'blank' values too and hence cannot define AUX field as dropdown.

• 2.  RE: CA TDM PORTAL: Search filter criteria does not return exact values instead fetch wildcard values.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2019 09:32 AM
    You are just missing one step in the process.   In the example below, I'm typing a "C" in the box, and it is finding Credit as containing a C
    I must actually click on the Credit entry, and it will then appear highlighted in the CARD_NAME find field.

Only when you see the above configuration should you click on the FIND DATA button.

• 3.  RE: CA TDM PORTAL: Search filter criteria does not return exact values instead fetch wildcard values.

Posted Jun 18, 2019 05:20 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

The steps you described work fine when the search field is defined/configured as "dropdown" while building the form. 
    In my original post, I have mentioned that this particular field is defined as "textbox" during the form creation and not "dropdown".

Reason is - We have a requirement of searching for 'blank' and 'not blank' values. If this field is configured as dropdown, 'blank' and 'not blank' values cannot be searched. But this is achieved when it is defined as textbox. Only drawback I saw was the issue mentioned in original post when it narrow downs on finding a 'exact' value.

Thanks!