Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  QQ: Why am I getting the "Could not parse command line" error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 10:04 AM
    I typed in the following command:

hpkgunlk My_Package_Name {-b brokername -en "My Project Name" } [-prompt] My_Package_Name
    Required option doesn't exist: -b
    Could Not Parse Command Line

The "-b" option was included, why does the error say it's missing?  Why is it having trouble parsing the command line?

Answer:

In the Command Line Utilities Reference guide, the examples you see of the commands includes the following notations:

{...} means the options inside are required
    [...] means the options inside are optional

the curly brackets or square brackets you see in the documentation are not to be included when you type in the command, but are only there to help explain about the options for the command you want to use.

Also, in particular for the hpkgunlk command, the name of the package can either be included first, or last, but does not have to be specified twice.

I recommend that you try the following instead:

hpkgunlk "My_Package_Name" -b brokername -en "My Project Name"

Here is where you can read more about the command line utilities:  https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/harvest-scm/13-0/command-reference.html

------------------------------
    Melinda Skelton
    Broadcom, Inc.

• 2.  RE: QQ: Why am I getting the "Could not parse command line" error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:02 AM
    Also remember that result of the command will be written to a log file instead of being displayed on the screen.  The log file will be in your current working directory and will have the same name as the command with a ".log" file extension.

On Windows "type hco.log", on Linux/Unix "cat hco.log"

Melinda Skelton

• 3.  RE: QQ: Why am I getting the "Could not parse command line" error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:04 AM
    Correction.  For the hpkgunlk command the name of the log file would be "hpkgunlk.log"

Melinda Skelton