Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Does Win 10 have a port restriction Win 7 doesn't?

Posted Feb 20, 2019 05:28 PM

Our company is switching from Win 7 to Win 10 and I'm testing Harvest on Win 10 VPC. The workbench comes up and II can navigate freely, but when I try to check in or check out I get connectivity errors (pec ec=8 and ec=9). I tried a powershell -netconnection test of ports and found 5101 is fine, but some of the ports in the port range defined to the broker show -- WARNING: TCP connect to (10.18.20.168 : 15101) failed.

Does Win 10 have different protocols than Win 7 that effect Harvest? I can't find any reference to this in the docs.

• 2.  Re: Does Win 10 have a port restriction Win 7 doesn't?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:18 AM

It is possible your Test-NetConnection command failed because the HServer is not actively "listening" on that port.  It will open the connection, transfer the data and then close the connection again, but if the port is open, it will stay open.

I tried Putty's telnet option on my test box with the higher port number and it also returns "Connection Refused".

A better test might be to do a checkout using the "hco" command line utility and adding the "-tr" option.  This will add extra tracing information to the hco.log that might help us find the problem.

We have seen checkout problems on some Windows 10 machines and these seem to be resolved by adding the hostname and IP address of the broker to your "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" file.  

Can you give this a try?

Thanks