Harvest

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Harvest use the AD account in Linux servers to perform Hrefresh to the server ?

• 1.  Can Harvest use the AD account in Linux servers to perform Hrefresh to the server ?

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:36 AM

Can Harvest use the AD account in Linux servers to perform Hrefresh to the server ? In my Linux environment AD account has access to the server and also Harvest local account created in the server. When I use the AD account credentials in Hrefresh.config, I get an error in the log stating Permission denied but when I use local account credentials Hrefresh is successful. Does the architecture of Harvest is designed to work only with Local accounts in Linux servers ?

• 2.  Re: Can Harvest use the AD account in Linux servers to perform Hrefresh to the server ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 04:34 PM

The answer will depend on whether your agent machine's "agntd" process is running in multi-user mode or single-user mode.  

If the agntd process on the agent machine is running in single-user mode, then only the userid of the user that started the agntd process has permission to connect.

If the agntd process on the agent machine is running in multi-user mode, then any valid userid and password (that would be able to login to the agent machine with "putty") can be used when connecting to the agent from Harvest.

You can tell which mode the agntd process is using with the "ps -ef | grep agntd" command.  If the "root" user owns the agntd process, then it is running in multi-user mode.  If another user owns the agntd process, then it is running in single-user mode.

After successfully connecting to the agent machine and logging in, the userid that Harvest is using must also have the appropriate permissions to read and write to the folder you want to use.  Executing "ls -al /my/folder/name" will provide this information.

Let me know if this answers your question.