Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Set a text to a custom form field of package using the Command line utility

Posted Sep 26, 2018 06:25 PM

Hi, im new ussing harvest and the CLI, i need to create a command that update a form field value of a package, i need to know if that is possible, maybe denoting the package name, state and the formtype name

• 2.  Re: Set a text to a custom form field of package using the Command line utility
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:49 PM

Harvest does not have a command line utility that does this.  However, if you can write a C-code or Java program that uses the Harvest API you can create your own command line utility to update your forms.

Here are some links in the documentation that will give you more information on this:

Use the Software Development Kit - CA Harvest SCM - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Software Development Kit (SDK) Components - CA Harvest SCM - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let me know if this is what you needed.

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Set a text to a custom form field of package using the Command line utility

Posted Sep 27, 2018 05:24 PM

Thanks, i just need to edit a field attribute of a custom form already associated to a package, the condition is that i need to achieve this without UI(Workbench), what is the easiest way to do this?

• 4.  Re: Set a text to a custom form field of package using the Command line utility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 05:50 PM

You will need to create a custom program to do this. It will use the Harvest API to login to the broker and perform the change.

Let me know if this helps.