Harvest

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Comparative Report of Repository Files with a Local Unit

• 1.  Comparative Report of Repository Files with a Local Unit

Posted Sep 05, 2017 03:49 PM

How could you do to get a report that tells me that files in the repository are not updated with respect to a local drive.

• 2.  Re: Comparative Report of Repository Files with a Local Unit
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 10:44 AM

Harvest does not have a report that can be produced to compare the repository and the local drive to produce a list of files on the local drive that need to be updated.  However when you do a check out in "synchronize" mode (or hsync or hrefresh) it does this comparison automatically and only checks out the files that are needed.

Information on the Harvest Check Out command can be found here: hco Command-Check-out - CA Harvest SCM - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Information on Hsync and HRefresh can be found here: Synchronize Reference Directories - CA Harvest SCM - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If such a report is needed you would need to write a custom script for this, comparing details of files in the repository with the contents of ths signature files (harvest.sig) found in each folder to which files are checked out on the local drive.

More information on Signature files can be found here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-harvest-scm/13-0/en/using/use-check-in-and-check-out-in-ca-harvest-scm#UseCheck-InandCheck-OutinCAHarvestSCM-SignatureFiles

There is a command that reads the signature file called "hsigget": hsigget Command-Signature File Query - CA Harvest SCM - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let me know if this is the information you needed and if there is more I can do to help.

Thanks,

Melinda Skelton

CA Technologies Support Team