Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  Administrator UI

Posted Aug 23, 2016 02:26 PM

How do I access "Administrator application" to create base set of objects. (Users, State, package, etc.)?

Is it supposed to be another view/perspective within the workbench?

This is a brand new Harvest install (release 13.0) and I am just trying to become more familiar with the tool to prepare for another project which will be integrating with Harvest SCM.

It is so frustrating that I have to read through so much documentation just to configure a "Sample project".

• 2.  Re: Administrator UI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:22 PM

Hello Richard,

Since Harvest SCM is a client/server application, you will need to install both the Harvest SCM Server (broker and hservers) and the Harvest SCM Client in order to get the client applications used to access the Harvest SCM Server.

When you install the Harvest SCM Client, or Harvest SCM Client 64bit, you will get the Administrator Tool, Workbench, and the Command Line Utilities.  On the installation DVD image you'll find these at \client\win32_client (32-bit) and \client\winx86_64\client (64-bit).  If you're installing on the same machine as your Harvest SCM Broker you should use the version that has the same bit-level as your Harvest SCM Server software.  If you're installing directly from the \client\win* folder on the DVD image, be sure to execute the "setup.exe" and not the msi file.

(If you install the Harvest SCM Workbench Only option, the SCM Workbench will be installed, but not the Administrator Tool.  If you find you are in this situation, uninstall the Harvest SCM Workbench Only and install Harvest SCM Client instead.

After installation, look for the Administrator Tool and Workbench icons in the Start -> All Programs -> CA -> SCM folder on your task bar.  In Windows 8 and Windows 2012, from the Start page, click the down-arrow to get to the list of all programs on the computer, then look for a section titled "CA".  You'll find icons for Administrator and Workbench there.

Let me know if you need more information.

• 3.  Re: Administrator UI

Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:05 AM

Thank you Melinda!

This is exactly what I needed.

-Richard

• 4.  RE: Re: Administrator UI

Posted Oct 14, 2019 06:18 PM
    Hello Melinda,

We have just upgraded to 13.0.3 from 12.5 SCM and have also run the utility for Oracle Database upgrade. While trying to add a new user via Admin, we are getting below error. 

E03020003: Database error [Oracle][ODBC]Invalid datetime format.
    SQLSTATE=22007 .

Please let me know what could be wrong here?

• 5.  RE: Re: Administrator UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2019 10:30 AM
    That has been a known problem when using Harvest with Oracle versions above 12.1.0.1.0, up until Harvest v13.0.4.  If you will go ahead and upgrade your SCM Broker to v13.0.4, it should resolve this problem.  Here's where you can read more: REFRESH PACK(V13.0.4) FOR CA HARVEST SCM 13.0.3

Let me know if this is what you needed.

------------------------------
    Melinda Skelton
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Re: Administrator UI

Posted Oct 16, 2019 09:48 AM
    Thanks a lot Melinda. Upgrading to 13.0.4 worked :) Thanks again for your help!