Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Enhancement Request - Limit users who can add action packs

Posted Aug 15, 2019 11:50 AM
    After recently having an issue with the built-in json action due to custom action packs created with the RDK causing the wrong json path class to be used, I would like to have better control over who can add action packs to CARA.

Custom action packs are definitely useful but need a lot of testing before use in a Production CARA system.

Can we please add a special role/permission for adding action packs to help control their addition to limit possible deployment failures in Production CARA systems?

------------------------------
    Vanessa Keal
    Senior Automation Solution Architect
    A&I Solutions

• 2.  RE: Enhancement Request - Limit users who can add action packs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2019 04:08 AM
    Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your mail.

Please, could you provide more details into your scenario?
    • What customer site ID do you represent?
    • What version of CARA are you using? Major and Minor version.
    • Are you are of our release cycles and document portal? (for your Release Automation using SOAP/REST query, and more information, please look at the tech docs below)

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/release-automation-nolio/6-6/getting-started.html
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-release-automation-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html?r=2&r=1&r=1
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/release-automation-nolio/Integrations.html

We plan on revamping the RDK or redoing the customer action pack for Nolio. It is scheduled for next years roadmap 2020.
    Here is the quick overview of what I am referring too.

Action Builder: allowing a higher degree of flexibility when it comes to developing & consuming action packs.

I hope this helps answer your question.

If not let me know, and we can discuss further.

Kind regards,

Gouttierre Gomes

Product Owner | Nolio | Enterprise Software Division

Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Enhancement Request - Limit users who can add action packs

Posted Nov 27, 2019 11:25 AM

Hi Gouttierre,

I work for A&I Solutions.  We are one of the CDD and Nolio service providers for HCL, formerly Broadcom and CA.

I am currently on a contract with United Airlines – we spoke in a meeting last Friday about the ability to schedule stand-alone processes in Nolio which trigger release phases in CDD.

United Airlines would like to have the ability to restrict the users who can add action packs to Nolio. 

In the past, other Nolio service providers have created custom actions that were used for a while but then abandoned.  Finding the action pack usages to remove was an issue when we had to upgrade.

United is currently using Nolio  6.6.0.9640 and if the scheduling of processes is incorporated into Nolio 6.7 they are willing to upgrade when that version is released in December.

The issue is primarily one of user permissions and roles.  We would like only specific users to be able to add new action packs.

Our enhancement request is for a user role that allows the addition of action packs to Nolio.

If you would  like to discuss further, please contact me at the email and/or phone numbers below.

Thanks,

Vanessa

Vanessa Keal

Senior Automation Solution Architect

Office:  540-364-7624

Mobile:  540-222-0217

vkeal@anisolutions.com

www.anisolutions.com

• 4.  RE: Enhancement Request - Limit users who can add action packs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2019 03:22 PM
    Hi Vanessa,

Yes, I remember you after our conversations.

I will be reaching out to you via mail going forward to discuss your enhancement request.

You should get a mail from me shortly.

Thanks and regards,

Gouttierre Gomes

Product Owner | Nolio | Enterprise Software Division

Broadcom