Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Action pack for IBM Websphere Liberty Core

Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:03 AM
    Is there an action pack available for IBM Websphere Liberty Core  in Release Automation?

• 2.  RE: Action pack for IBM Websphere Liberty Core

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 01:44 PM
    Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for submitting your question here. Someone actually just opened a support issue asking the same question. Here is what I advised:

No, it doesn't appear so (more on where i looked below). I would request that you create an "Idea" requesting an action pack for this if it is something that you need. You can create an "Idea" on the community site here: https://community.broadcom.com/home
    But please make sure to label the idea to associate it with "CA Release Automation" and/or "Release Automation"
    I did wonder if the existing websphere action pack would work. So this lead me (here: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/docs/was-classic-or-was-liberty-how-to-choose/) to try and understand the differences between WAS and Liberty. I couldn't find anything definitively saying that Liberty did not have the various API calls that we use in our action packs. But under the section "Reasons to choose traditional WAS" it did have: Full API
    This leads me to wonder whether Liberty does have the APIs that our action pack for websphere would need. That's partially why I think it may be something that an entirely new action pack might need to be created to support. Whether it needs a brand new action pack or can be included in the existing - it isn't currently supported and that's what I am asking you to request in the "Idea" 
    I have looked in the following places with no success:
    1. Nolio RA ROC -> Administration -> Action Management
    2. Our action pack ftp site: ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/dpm/ReleaseAutomationActions/ActionPacks/
    3. In the pdf for existing websphere action packs (webphere, webspheremq, and websphereportal) to see if there was any reference to Liberty. 

Kind regards,
    Gregg