Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  LDAP authentication set up

Posted Feb 04, 2019 08:44 AM

Hi,

with ca-ra version 6.6 and above, is it so that distributed.properties not used anymore to set ldap authentication? i have "use.general.ldap.authentication" commented in distributed.properties but ldap authentication still works. however, i have Directory Server configured using ROC and also have added a couple of LDAP users using User Management tab. 

So question is, LDAP authentication enable/disable control has now gone away from distribute.properties file. is my understanding correct?

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: LDAP authentication set up
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2019 02:02 AM

Hi,

I think so. You can configure LDAP using ROC instead of configuration file.

New Features and Enhancements - CA Release Automation - 6.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

User and Permissions Management in the Release Operations Center

You can now manage CA Release Automation users and permissions in the Release Operations Center (ROC). Previously, you could only configure users and permissions in the Automation Studio.

Additionally, you can now define Directory Server endpoints in the ROC to import directory server users and groups. This capability saves you from providing the endpoint information either in a configuration file, or with every import operation.

If you want to disable LDAP import, you can remove directory servers from ROC.

After that, importing is not allowed.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Yas