Release Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to disable all runs from JMX console

• 1.  How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:37 AM

Hi,

We had a procedure to stop all running jobs in Release Automation with the following :

use the JMX console to list all active runs:
    http://<YOUR_RA_SERVER>:20203/mbean?objectname=noliocenter%3Atype%3Dinfo   (user nolio, password: nolio), look for “listActiveRuns” and click “invoke”. It will show you all active processes. You can either kill jobs selectively by using the “removeProcessRun
    “ method supplying the process ID or kill all processes using the “removeAllActiveRuns” method.

Since we installed 6.6 the proper menu entry had dissapear form the JMX management console.
    How can we stop all running jobs in RA 6.6 ???
    Regards,
    GGV

• 2.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Hi Guillaume,

Which piece are you missing? I have 6.6 installed and still see all the methods you listed. This KB should still be relevant for version 6.6: Deployment Blocked by Another Deployment - CA Knowledge 

Thank you,

Gregg

• 3.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:51 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear that!

I just have a review of the Version: 6.6.0.9640 and I get a proper JMX console with listActiveRuns and removeAllActiveRuns and removeProcessRun.

Can you please help us with some more information around from which version the instance upgraded to 6.6?

Also may I request if you can share a screen shot of the JMX console at above URL so to see which options are you able to see.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 4.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Jul 18, 2018 11:53 AM

The option appeared under "Domain: noliocenter" before. Now I have only a single link.

• 5.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:07 PM

Hi Guillaume,

Based on that screenshot it looks like you're pointing to an execution server. Are you sure that you are pointing to your management server? If so, i guess that management server was installed with an execution server?

If you're sure that you're pointing it to the NAC then I'd say opening an issue and providing the logs of the management server during startup time might help. 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 6.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:12 PM

I agree with Gregg, it looks like some of the JMX objects are not getting initialized and hence not available on the JMX console.

I have seen it a long time back, try restarting the NAC once and if you still don't find these options as mentioned by Gregg please open a case and provide us with NAC logs.

Try to create a backup of your NAC logs so that it doesn't get overwritten.

• 7.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:22 PM

Indeed a NES is installed on the NAC. I access the JMX console the same way as before... is there a port number for accessing the NAC JMX and another for the NES JMX ?

Regards,

GGV

• 8.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:49 PM

Hi,

Both NAC and NES are accessible at port 20203, it looks like only NES beans are getting initialized but not of NAC.

Check if restart help if not please open a ticket and we will investigate it further.

Regards,

SJ

• 9.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Hi GGV,

Can you check if the options are available when you access locally on the server.

Not sure if your NAC was configured on SSL prior to upgrade, please check in distributed.properties if the correct configuration are there for below configuration

jmx.web.console.ssl.enabled=false
    jmx.web.console.ssl.keystore.path=conf//nolio.jks

• 10.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Jul 18, 2018 01:10 PM

I always acess the JMX console directly from the management server.

I did restart the NAC without any sucess. 

Seems like I'll have to open a ticket.

Regards,

GGV

• 11.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:00 AM

Hi GGV,

This problem seems to depend on your environment.

So, If you still have this problem, please open a support case.

Regards

Yas

• 12.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2018 01:20 PM

Hi Yasuyuki,

The problem what that the JMX consoles for the NAC and NES where pointing to the same port on the same machine.

Changed the port specified in [NES_HOME]/webapps/execution/WEB-INF/distributed.properties and now both interface works well.

Regards,

GGV

• 13.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 02:54 PM

Hi Guillaume,

If the NAC and NES are running under the same instance of tomcat then using the same port for JMX should be fine - similar to how both the nac and nes listen/use port 8080. Using a separate tomcat instance for NAC and NES, if that's what you have, is something that I doubt has been tested/certified and so therefore I'd recommend against that and suggest taking actions to remedy that which should be as simple as uninstalling the current services and reinstalling RA selecting an all in one setup (default install) or by selecting both the execution server and management server components via a custom install (because this should still install everything under a single service). If you did decide to do this, assuming things are separately installed right now, then:

a. please backup both the server (VM, filesystem, etc.)

b. please backup the database

c. during the reinstall phase you should either:

1. select to skip the db install and then configure the db connection afterwards; or

2. point to a new db and then configure the db connection afterwards. You don't want to point the installer to a db that was being used in production. The only upside to this option over #1 is that you wouldn't have to make the needed changes to the database.properties file since it will have already determined the appropriate driver to use. 

All of this is quite easy to write. I realize it's not so easy to do. If this is the kind of setup you have though I would recommend doing this before attempting an upgrade of RA on your system. If you do have this kind of setup (separate services for nac and nes) then one of my concerns is how the upgrade will behave. Any problems/questions with any of this then feel free to reach out to tech support.

In either case, thank you for sharing your solution with us. It is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 14.  RE: Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Oct 16, 2023 04:02 PM

HI,

I have the same problem 

since upgrading to 6.8 i no longer have the nolicenter:type=info option in my JMX console. need help please.

• 15.  RE: Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Oct 16, 2023 04:02 PM

Hi,

i have the same problem. 

since upgrading to 6.8 i no longer have the noliocenter:type=info option in my JMX console.

• 16.  Re: How to disable all runs from JMX console

Posted Jul 18, 2018 12:01 PM

I was able to bypass the problem by using a rest API call to stop the release :

curl -X POST --header "Content-Type: application/json" --header "Accept: application/json" -d "{   \"application\": \"ORACLE_EBS\",   \"environment\": \"RLAB10 - DBA SAG 2\",   \"release\": \"Test 2\",   \"releaseId\": 3396330000,   \"version\": \"1\" }" "http://[my_server_name]:8080/datamanagement/a/api/V5/stop-release"

Still, I'm wondering what happened to my JMX console...

Regards,

GGV