Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Release Parameters tab in Deployment steps view not rendering correctly

Posted Feb 01, 2019 03:33 PM
      |   view attached

When looking at the Release Parameters tab on a view of a Deployment Step, sometimes the page doesn't seem to load/render correctly.

When this problem happens the tab title shows in capitals as  "STEP.DESCRIPTION.RELEASE_PARAMETERS.NON_EDITABLE". The tooltip over one of the Release Parameters on the screen which is a String type shows "Only true or false values are allowed". This prevents a string from being entered into this parameter field as it seems to be incorrectly validating for true or false values for boolean type. See attached screenshot.

It takes a number of refreshes (up to ~30) to get the page to render correctly and allow the string value to be adjusted and saved.

I have also seen other times when a UI screen loads and some of the text is displayed in all capitals as the object name rather than the text that is supposed to be displayed. Although in other instances it doesn't prevent RA from working correctly as it is in this instance where the field isn't accepting the correct type of input.

This is with Chrome browser version Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (32-bit). RA version 6.5.0.10109.

• 2.  Re: Release Parameters tab in Deployment steps view not rendering correctly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:13 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure your situation, but I'd like to share my experience.

Upper case label is shown when en-us.json files are not loaded properly.

You can see correct sentence in <RA Server>/webapps/datamanagement/i18n/en-us.json.

"STEP": {

"DESCRIPTION": {

"RELEASE_PARAMETERS": {

"NON_EDITABLE": "View release parameters assigned to this server type. The values of release parameters can differ between deployment plans."

If the label is always upper case, it is possible to affected by side effect of upgrade.

However, you said that it sometimes occurred. So, tomcat on NAC maybe unstable. 

On the other hand, the reason why parameters are incorrect value maybe DB cache problem - LevelDB.

I suppose it was occurred by high workload on NAC, DB server or network.

If this problem is occurred frequently, I recommend to open a support case.

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: Release Parameters tab in Deployment steps view not rendering correctly

Posted Feb 05, 2019 06:49 PM

Thanks, that’s very useful information. It does happen quite frequently in our setup so I’ll raise a case for this.