Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to resume the deployment actitvity

Posted Oct 08, 2018 08:36 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me like how to resume the deployment activity on the deployment plan.

After executing step 1 in deployment plan ,We want to stop the step 2 dependency activity and need to validate few things manually on server and after successful validation on server we need to resume with  the step 2 on deployment plan.

Can anyone guide me, how  to perform pause and resume on deployment plan through our CA tool.

Thanks,

Vineela.

• 2.  Re: How to resume the deployment actitvity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 09:44 PM

Hi,

I'd like to share my example.

All actions except condition are configured "Pause on failure". Condition means it has post action through fail link.

This process will pause if these actions are failed.  You can configure this setting in Settings tab of your actions.

I set above process as Step1.

In this example, first action is failed on purpose. Failed step and action name are shown in Deployment Errors section.

And then, click failed step. In this case, "Step1".

Click "Go to process execution".

You can see [Pre Action] has pause icon.  If you need some validation, you can work at this stage.

After that, click "Resume" icon.

You can input a message to resume. Check the failed action and click "Resume" button.

And then, Step2 will run automatically after complete Step1.

Does my example cover your expectation?

I hope so.

Thanks

Yas

• 3.  Re: How to resume the deployment actitvity

Posted Oct 09, 2018 09:46 AM

Hi ,

On the Deployment plan ,after successful completion of step 1, need to check few validations on one server manually by other team members.Then after successful validation we have to continue with step 2 otherwise we have to stop the application at the time of deployment.

So after step 1 completion, i need to pause the deployment plan and then validations need to do on one server by other team members. After successful validation we need to resume with step 2 in deployment plan.

Can u please guide me how to implement this through tool.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vineela

• 4.  Re: How to resume the deployment actitvity
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2018 08:59 PM

Hi Vineela,

Here is an idea to use "User Input - Stop for Manual Operation" action type.

Set it as final action in process of Step1.

Run the deployment. After complete Step1, "waiting for user input" is shown. At this stage, Step2 is still blocked.

Click the blue link.

Following dialog is shown. You can see the comment configured in action settings.

In this dialog, you can select Succeeded or Failed. So, if validation is OK, select Succeeded and Click Apply.

And then, Step2 is initializing and Running.

Is it reasonable for you?

Thanks

Yas

• 5.  Re: How to resume the deployment actitvity

Posted Oct 10, 2018 05:59 AM

Yes .. It helped..

• 6.  Re: How to resume the deployment actitvity

Posted Oct 10, 2018 07:16 AM

Thanks Yas,

Its really helpful to us.